Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, all.

At the end of the week I'll be returning my 2017 LX and picking up my new 2020 Touring. I want to transfer the trailer hitch and wiring to the new CR-V, but I wanted to check if it's worth my time to uninstall / reinstall on the new truck? I know the front / rear bumpers changed in 2020, but was it such a change that my trailer hitch will no longer fit? And will the wiring harness still fit, or has the wiring loom changed enough to require me to purchase a new harness?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
Good morning, all.

At the end of the week I'll be returning my 2017 LX and picking up my new 2020 Touring. I want to transfer the trailer hitch and wiring to the new CR-V, but I wanted to check if it's worth my time to uninstall / reinstall on the new truck? I know the front / rear bumpers changed in 2020, but was it such a change that my trailer hitch will no longer fit? And will the wiring harness still fit, or has the wiring loom changed enough to require me to purchase a new harness?

Thanks!
Is it from Honda or aftermarket? If aftermarket call or check website below.

·
Registered
284 Posts
You will also need a kick sensor relocation kit; unsure if this is compatible with what you have. They relocate the kick sensor to the right of the hitch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I "might" be ordering a new 2" hitch/receiver next week from etrailer for my 2020 CRV. I have a manual rear hatch so the kick sensor is not a issue. I believe the one I want is a Curt, maybe a Reese. I just don't like the fact of "trimming the bumper to fit"!!! Anyway mine will just used for bicycles and/or cargo rack. BTW, I heard covering the license plate with bicycles or full cargo rack is a becoming issue, any thoughts .

·
Super Moderator
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,101 Posts
Moving to Hitches section.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meh,
You will also need a kick sensor relocation kit; unsure if this is compatible with what you have. They relocate the kick sensor to the right of the hitch.
Thanks, forgot about that one. After looking at it more closely (it's aftermarket - Etrailer), I'm just going to go buy a new one. I want one that is more integrated into the bumper and is not so shabby looking (the current one is somewhat rusty on the bottom of it, and I loathe putting old crap on a new vehicle).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts