Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone like the new rear taillights? I try to get use to them but don't like the way they stick out on the sides maybe somebody will have a smooth aftermarket replacement?

·
Banned
6,166 Posts
the wrap around helps improve visabilty and people around you are able t o see you better. Now for the design it does not stick out like we thin, but it does a lil, I agree it could have been flush to the car, then bubbled out to create less drag. Here is a photo of the tail light

·
Registered
107 Posts
I think they look fine, nice to have a change. I also think if you look into the reasoning you will also see that it is needed for the cross traffic alert and also for the lane changing guidance. The camera in the windshield doesn't see behind the vehicle.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
I like the Bugged out tail lights better then the Bugged out head lights that are on a lot of car now a days.
It's my least favorite part of the car, with that said, its still an AWESOME vehicle!

·
Registered
310 Posts
I think the overall look of the back could be improved, especially when compared to the rest of the car's styling. I don't really like the horizontal portion of the tail light on the hatch back and the oddly shaped adjacent chrome. I would then change the hatch sheet metal creases and the license plate placement.

The large expanse of red tail lights looks good on a red car (notice how Honda often advertises a red car) but the lights looks awkward with most other colors. They could easily improve it with the "clear/silver" tail lights with red leds (often used on Toyota/Lexus) and reduction of chrome to a simple Honda logo. I think we may get an improvement on the back during the 2019 CRV refresh and then everyone can decide.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
21 Posts
new tailights are a solid evolution from the previous vertical only design, incorporating some horizontal elements. Even tho the car is common, the new rear end really makes it stand out especially to the previous bean shaped car. LED/light piping is awesome too.

·
Registered
594 Posts
One of the reasons I didn't buy a Gen 4 CR-V was that I just did not like the back end but I couldn't describe why. As soon as I saw the 2017 I realized is was the Gen 4 rear looked too soft. I almost bought a RAV4 instead but now I'm glad I waited.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.