Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is having a problem with the touchscreen malfunctioning with the brightness levels flashing, please read this....I brought my CRV EX-L into the dealer because the display kept flashing/beeping the brightness levels from day/night/off...nothing on the display worked. The flashing/beeping could not be stopped...I was driving on the expressway and this happened all the way home for 35 minutes until I shut the car off. After almost 3 hours of waiting at the dealer, there was no fix. Another customer had brought their vehicle in for same problem that same morning. Honda knows of this problem, and supposedly are working on a software fix....so I would recommend to anyone experiencing this problem not to just push it aside as a one time glitch....it has happened to me more times than i can remember. I would bring your car in while under warranty, have the service rep document the problem on a ticket. By the way, I had a video to back up my claim, I would recommend that also...Honda will not do a recall on this, only a TSB....so, if you bring it in under warranty, and when they find a solution, you should still be covered if past warranty...

·
Registered
599 Posts
I had this occur twice in May. I took my car in for a Master Cylinder replacement, mentioned this problem to my dealer and they installed a Honda software update to the PCM and it hasn't since then, June 6.

The stuff that I hear about other dealers is amazing. I must have really lucked out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We have this issue and have had for a while, but only recently the 'episodes' got more frequent. Recently took our CRV in for a service and showed the SA video of the screen glitching. SA spoke to a Honda Australia technician and was told to replace the display. I did ask the SA whether there was a software update for the problem rather than replacement of the display, but was told that apparently there wasn't a software update available :/

Anyway, waiting on the new display to come in. I am pretty sure they did a factory reset of the infotainment system while it was in as all settings were back to default - interestingly, the issue hasn't happened since but it wasn't unusual for it to go a while without it playing up...

·
Registered
2017 LX-AWD
72 Posts
I posted about a month ago on this board about the exact same issue.
My dealer replaced the display and the problem hasn't return since.
They weren't surprised and didn't try to serve me the "can't reproduce" BS.
I showed them a few videos I made while it occurred and that was that.
I hope you get a similar outcome.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That's exactly what our screen was doing. The replacement screen has come in so will be getting replaced next week. Hope that's the end of the issue.
My touchscreen builds up a layer of grime and dirt periodically here in Texas's sweaty climate. I found that carefully wiping down the touchscreen with a damp cloth will fix the flashing and weirdness.

·
Registered
16 Posts
My touchscreen builds up a layer of grime and dirt periodically here in Texas's sweaty climate. I found that carefully wiping down the touchscreen with a damp cloth will fix the flashing and weirdness.
I had similar thoughts that dust on the screen might have been the reason for the screen glitching, so would also clean the screen of dust as much as possible.

Unfortunately for us it still happened whether the screen was clean or not...

·
Registered
884 Posts
Mine did that once this last week. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's been a week of issues with my 2017 CRV: gear shift broke, battery wasn't holding an adequate charge, and my display screen starting to fail. I spent 2 hours at the dealership waiting for the gear knob replacement. There's a definite basis for Honda sliding in comparative reliability.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the exact same issue with my 2017 Touring. A video of the problem convinced them of the issue. They even asked for a copy of the video and forwarded it to Honda. A replacement head unit has solved the problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts