Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2017 Touring - alarm issues

5K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hunter1660 
#1 ·
For the past 2 days, my alarm keeps going off. It happened a few weeks ago, and then seemed to have corrected itself, but has started again. When it is acting up, the following is what I notice;
-walkaway auto lock function doesn't work
-it will lock with the FOB, but will not confirm with a flash of the lights, nor does the alarm set (no blinking red light inside)
-remote start doesn't work

It unlocks normally with the FOB, confirming with a flash of the lights, and also unlocks when I touch the door handle.

Anyone else experience issues like this, or any others with the alarm? If yes, any luck getting it repaired?

Inconsistent electronic issues are the worst - I hope they can fix it when I bring it in this weekend.

#3 ·
This was very helpful, as it seems to prefer going off only in the whee hours of the morning.

Unfortunately, the dealer could not find anything wrong with it. Now I am faced with having bought a Certified pre-owned '17 Touring that I no longer trust to have the alarm functioning. If I settle for this, my insurance rates will go up for lack of a functioning security system, and I'll have paid all this money to not be able to have all of my car's functions working. I don't feel I should have to compromise in this manner with a car still under full factory warranty, and certified by the manufacturer. The lemon law in my State applies to cars still under manufacturer warranty, and I may very well go down this road if Honda cannot come up with answers.

#4 ·
After the dealer spoke with Honda, they told them to get my CRV back in there for an overnight stay to see if they can capture the alarm tripping. The dealer called me the next day to inform me that they found a faulty door sensor, and that a replacement had been ordered. I asked them if they found this out by the alarm having gone off, or by other diagnostics, to which I didn't really get an answer. I suspect it was through diagnostics, which then makes me wonder why it wasn't found my 1st trip there for the alarm.

Nonetheless, sensor has been replaced, and I can now sleep through the night without having a rolling random-tripping alarm clock in my driveway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.