Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All,

Last night, a kind citizen decided to whack the left rear quarter panel of my 2017 Touring. It wasn't too bad (a slight scratch on the paint and no dent I can see) but they did manage to rip off the plastic trim piece that covers the wheel arch (the bit not on the door):

IMG_6642.jpg IMG_6643.jpg IMG_6644.jpg IMG_6645.jpg

I did some googling around and found this video on YouTube that seems to show the process of removal of this piece (albeit on the right side).

So I was wondering, if I can get the part (74453-TLA-A01 maybe?) from a dealer, do you think it would be possible for me to re-attach it? As you can see from above, I searched on the ground in my garage and found 3 small clip/post things that seem to not have been permanently attached but slid into "notches". Would I need to buy new ones of those as well?

Sorry if this is a simple ask, but my level of CR-V maintenance is "Can change engine and cabin air filters" so I'm not too handy and will seek out mechanics/dealers/body shops for more complicated tasks. But I am frugal as well, so if I can do this myself and not need a body shop, I'd like

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its one of the easiest parts to replace .... once you remove the others in the proper order.

that part should be readily avail at your honda dealer

Use this as your install guide
BoostedV,

Thanks for the guide! Reading it, I guess I am step 3 then step 2, I don't feel the need to disconnect the battery. :D

I am now noticing there seems to be a piece perhaps still in my car since Step 2 seems to be remove a self tapping screw. I don't remember finding one on the ground this morning, so I might have to go hunting at lunch for that screw.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yea you peel the bumper it overlaps. Thats why you use that as the guide. Super simple but you’ll see whats damaged by using it.

better he hit the trim than the paint or damaged the part it clips onto underneath.

no sweat

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked up the part and installed it in a flash. The hardest part was actually the screw. I begin to understand the utility of ratcheting right-angle screwdrivers when you try to access a screw 2 inches from a tire.

IMG_5836.jpg

Thanks, all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts