Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks, Recently got a used 2017 Touring with miles at 30K, while test driving it seemed all ok. But now when I drive at 50mph there is a some kind of noise coming from back of the CR-V. Its just bothers me a lot, I have driven same CR-V (from a friend of mine) it doesnt have same noise at the same speed. I am not talking about road noise or CVT but some other noise.

DO you have any similar experience, if so can you please share how it is fixed and what is the problem.

Thanks a lot!

· Registered
492 Posts
Hello Folks, Recently got a used 2017 Touring with miles at 30K, while test driving it seemed all ok. But now when I drive at 50mph there is a some kind of noise coming from back of the CR-V. Its just bothers me a lot, I have driven same CR-V (from a friend of mine) it doesnt have same noise at the same speed. I am not talking about road noise or CVT but some other noise.

DO you have any similar experience, if so can you please share how it is fixed and what is the problem.

Thanks a lot!
From a thread on 5th Gen issues:

Noise/vibrations from underneath the vehicle at highway speeds (+60 mph) - Reason: unbalanced or defective driveshafts. - Solution: have dealer replace the defective parts.

· Registered
167 Posts
There have been reports of improperly tightened sway bars on that model, and I think there was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) for that. I'm guessing that might be what you're hearing, absent any vibration that would indicate a drive shaft problem.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi, after the feedback I took it to the honda dealer for quick inspection(I actually purchased my CR-V 2017 Touring from a non Honda dealer).
The Honda dealer said the Tries are the problem it has flat spots. I am not sure if he really did a real road test and determined it. But neverthless I have to assume its the flat spot in the tires. Honda dealer says the dealer where I purchased my CR-V should replace the tires. I am asking is that true and how do I pitch that with the dealer I purchase the CRV from. I called him twice already he is not responding to my calls. any advice is much appreciated.

· Registered
3,068 Posts
The Honda 3 year/36K mile bumper-to-bumper warranty would cover, I would think. Tires may not be covered by Honda. I would think a flat spot could be seen.....have you jacked the rear tires off the ground, spun them and observed?

Get out your owner's manual/info and review the warranty. I doubt the dealer you bought it from would cover anything under a Honda warranty or tire manufacturer warranty.

· Registered
895 Posts
Tire cupping? I wouldn't expect suspension issues to be the cause at 30k miles but maybe the tires have been driven without proper balancing/rotation. If so, I'm surprised the dealer didn't replace the tires before the sale.

· Premium Member
5,909 Posts
Hi, after the feedback I took it to the honda dealer for quick inspection(I actually purchased my CR-V 2017 Touring from a non Honda dealer).
The Honda dealer said the Tries are the problem it has flat spots. I am not sure if he really did a real road test and determined it. But neverthless I have to assume its the flat spot in the tires. Honda dealer says the dealer where I purchased my CR-V should replace the tires. I am asking is that true and how do I pitch that with the dealer I purchase the CRV from. I called him twice already he is not responding to my calls. any advice is much appreciated.
I would take it to a well respected tire store, get a printed report, and then use that to request help from the selling dealer...IN PERSON...not by phone.

Another thought. Is your CR-V AWD? There were some posts here a while back about out of balance driveshafts. Just a thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.