Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The. Admin. Istrator.
8,149 Posts
Which light are you replacing?

The only on the trunk lid or the one on the rear body itself?

Removing the one on the body/rear is done by taking out the screws next to the strut when the trunk is open. Then pull the unit towards you and it clips off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Which light are you replacing?

The only on the trunk lid or the one on the rear body itself?

Removing the one on the body/rear is done by taking out the screws next to the strut when the trunk is open. Then pull the unit towards you and it clips off.
  1. I thought I’d get alerts when somebody responded to my question and didn’t see this until today. Here is a picture of the light
Just to make sure which light can you provide a photo?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
  1. I thought I’d get alerts when somebody responded to my question and didn’t see this until today. Here is a picture of the light
You have to remove the entire inner trunk plastic lining to access those tails. You also should pick up new gaskets because they tend to tear when removed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have to remove the entire inner trunk plastic lining to access those tails. You also should pick up new gaskets because they tend to tear when removed.
How do you do that- Remove the entire inner trunk plastic lining? I tried to send the taillight back but unfortunately the place is closed -it has been closed since I’ve received the part

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
How do you do that- Remove the entire inner trunk plastic lining? I tried to send the taillight back but unfortunately the place is closed -it has been closed since I’ve received the part
you have to unscrew and remove the handle on bottom.
pry off the trim under the 3rd brake light, then pry the middle trim on both sides of glass. Then using a pry tool the entire piece inside behind the plate.
Once thats all off you remove the lights, replace the gasket and new light then reassemble

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you- should have just let it go or waited till I had the money to have it done at Honda place. There is no way I can do all that - don’t have the tools and don’t know what a gasket is or where to buy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts