Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I have 2012 CRV EX-L with navigation and I am going to buy 2017 CRV. I am stuck in deciding whether I should buy Touring or EX-L. Touring AWD is around $3,200 more than EX-L AWD but I am leaning towards Touring. Although it would vary from person to person, I want to get opinion of experts here. Is it worth spending $3,200 more to get Touring ?

Navigation feature is not much important for me because I use google maps on Android / iPhone
Hands free tailgate also not very important for me.
Upgraded sound system Not much important for me.
Auto wipers also not much important for me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I didn't think I would care about the Nav, but it is actually a really nice Garmin system. I also needed roof rails which I believe are about $800, but included on Touring. The real closer for me was the dual exhaust look and chrome trim, really makes a huge difference in appearance to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
harrismoe is right about the chrome trim.. honda went overboard with the black plastic panels.. the chrome break it up..

headlights make the car look better too..

The dealer cost is about $2200 more then the exl... some inside info might help bring that price down..

for me they had the color i wanted in touring... i didnt want to wait.. thats worth a dime to me..

i traded in my 2015 ex-l nav.. if i had the touring same miles.. it would of been worth $1000 more.. so consider when you traded it down the road you are going to get some of that back..

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't see $2200 worth of value, plus I can't stomach the wheels on the Touring (it's a dealbreaker). Hopefully, the wheels on the EX-L Nav are not as garish . . .sigh.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
Currently I have 2012 CRV EX-L with navigation and I am going to buy 2017 CRV. I am stuck in deciding whether I should buy Touring or EX-L. Touring AWD is around $3,200 more than EX-L AWD but I am leaning towards Touring. Although it would vary from person to person, I want to get opinion of experts here. Is it worth spending $3,200 more to get Touring ?

Navigation feature is not much important for me because I use google maps on Android / iPhone
It sounds like the EX-L is the right choice for you. The things that aren't important you aren't worth the extra $3,200 IMO.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I don't see $2200 worth of value, plus I can't stomach the wheels on the Touring (it's a dealbreaker). Hopefully, the wheels on the EX-L Nav are not as garish . . .sigh.
The EX and EX-L wheels are the same design as the Touring, but just have a dark gray pocket instead of black.

Touring:
6359a0147d5b0d8b5b4bebfe97a.jpg

EX/EX-L:
60f6cb2a79b0a0302fae043dc02.jpg

Personally, I don't care for the design, but I definitely like the gray color of the EX/EX-L better than the black on the Touring.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The EX and EX-L wheels are the same design as the Touring, but just have a dark gray pocket instead of black.

Touring:
View attachment 73481

EX/EX-L:
View attachment 73489

Personally, I don't care for the design, but I definitely like the gray color of the EX/EX-L better than the black on the Touring.
Well, that's disappointing. I've been waiting a couple of years for the redesign and my 7 year old RAV4 is getting long in the tooth. The gray does look better but it's still an ugly wheel. I'll have to see what the LX wheels look like and maybe swap out? I did that when I bought my 2015 Lexus RX350 (didn't like the style or the size of the 19" wheels; dealer swapped them out for the 18" plain mag style which I liked better.)

·
Registered
95 Posts

you basically answered and justified your own question on why you DONT need the touring.
looks like you already decided on the EX-L

·
Registered
95 Posts

Touring:
View attachment 73481

EX/EX-L:
View attachment 73489

yea the wheels just plain SUCK for this year. whether you get the touring or non touring version. Don't know what they were thinking. Everything else on the vehicle is great then you get to the wheels. meh

·
Registered
579 Posts
I don't like the wheels as well. But how about the spoiler? Finally something real. Not those phony add-on accessories.

For anyone considering a Touring, check if the magic tailgate will work with a trailer hitch installed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks everyone for their insights. Looks like I am going for Touring mostly because of LED headlights for better visibility.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bought the 2017 EX-L. I agree, decide what each item is worth to you. For me, the turbo was what I wanted. I noticed the difference right away. I didn't care about roof rails, more chrome or the extras of the Touring. The new navi was such a change! A real Garmin! It really beats the older Honda navi system. The inside was sleeker with the dashboard changes. Anyway, there was competition to get one this week. Dealer sold several off the lot the first day. Sounds like you are doing the right thing, going through the list of about 6 differences, then thinking if it is worth it to you. Even color... you have to like what sits in your garage!

1 - 20 of 79 Posts