Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
saw a guy on youtube, step by step,,pretty much a drain bolt and another bolt above it, drain,put bolt back in, fill till it comes out of upper hole, replace that bolt...there are a few other minor steps explained in the video..got the fluid at local dealer, gave me 10% off for VA card, cheaper than ebay

·
Registered
28 Posts
Unless the 2017 is very different then older gens, I think you mean the rear differential fluid on the AWD(of course, 2 she'll drive don't have this). There are two bolts, top and bottom. The trans has a single bolt to drain. Then fill is done through the trans dip stick. There are many YouTube videos. The rear differential fluid is trickier since its very difficult to empty your quart bottle fully, since it is tucked under the rear cargo space. I purchased a spout that screws onto the quart bottle with a long tube. This gave me more freedom to turn the bottle upside down to empty it. Although it only requires 1 qt I bought 2 since I couldn't empty the bottle fully. Then you fill it until it overflows. By the way, the rear drive fluid is different than trans fluid. Be sure to get the right stuff. Trans is DW1 and the rear differential uses dual pump fluid. When you do the rear differential you are replacing a much greater percentage of the fluid than

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no its the trans,connected to the motor in the front...i also did the rear diff, same idea,,2 different fluids...they sell pumps that screw onto the diff fluid, just pump it full while ur under there..the trans fills from gravity feed...

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
I think it's very important, that if the vehicle is raised (jacks), that it be raised level. If not level, that may affect when fresh tranny fluid begins to drip out the "correct level" hole. If rear of car is low, tranny could be overfilled.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
The CVT “FULL” level is determined by fluid dripping out of a “FULL” hole, when re-filling the tranny with fluid. When fluid drips out, you stop adding fluid.

The rear diff “FULL” level is the same way as the tranny.....gear oil drips out a hole when full and you stop adding.

The rear diff and CVT are re-filled differently. Again, the car needs to be level in order to get the proper “full” level.

Reactions: jimbob15
1 - 9 of 9 Posts