Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Just joined and had a question on the 2017 underbody as I've not had the opportunity to actually look closely at one, much less the underside of one. I think I saw what seemed to be a rug-like material on the underbody, perhaps in the middle area. :confused:

I read that Honda tried to increase the acoustic dampening overall and was wondering if anyone could let me know if I'm just totally confused or what the material actually is.

Thanks!

·
Registered
137 Posts
I couldn't believe it when I was installing the splash guards that they were using it in the wheelwells. I sure hope it holds up well over time.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the confirmation. Any idea of what it's made of? After a rainfall or just going through puddles, I would be concerned about mud and muck getting into it and just causing unwanted mold/mildew. Would have preferred just a cheap plastic cover over some sound dampening material.

·
Banned
806 Posts
It isn't something new. Car manufacturers have been using it for several years now. I just spray it until the water runs clear. Too many people focus on what the outside of their cars look like, and don't think the underside is important.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a Toyota Minivan and they use the same material in the wheel well too and I wash it until the water runs clears. It kind of pain to clean compared to plastic wheel wells.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts