Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there is a very odd sound coming from my dash. It only starts at 40mph- and gets a little louder the faster I go. Turning/hitting bumps does not affect the sound. It makes the sound with the a/c turned on or off. It almost sounds like the sound a VCR would make...people riding have said: rushing water with something in it, popcorn, a fan, plastic hitting plastic. The cars not driving any differently. It's just an annoying sound at this point.

Anybody had this or would know where to even start? I have videos of the noise but cant attach.

·
3,096 Posts
You may have gotten some leaves fall in through the cowl fresh air intake. Try pulling the cabin air filter and see if you find any leaves behind it. They can make a whirring sound when air is blowing by them or they are rubbing against the blower fan squirrel cage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Checked the cabin filter and it needs to be replaced, but nothing in it. We also took off the vent covers and checked in there. Again dirty but nothing stuck.

Thank you for the idea!

·
3,096 Posts
Are they still installing that ridiculous road noise cancelling system that is one of the worst ideas they've ever had? If so, I think it uses the stereo to put out some sort of white noise type sound to supposedly counteract interior road noise. IIRC there is a way to disable that. This would be my only other guess. Otherwise you likely have something in your blower fan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha I think I know what you're talking about! I took it in today for a diagnostic so maybe theyll figure it out. It does kinda sound like a fan having issues. But sometimes it's like I hear water, so I'm thinking it might be something a/c related. The fact it hasnt affected anything while driving is making it hard to pinpoint. I dont know if I should count my blessings about that or not.

·
3,096 Posts
Well, let us know what it turns out to be. I hate a puzzling noise I can't figure out. I consider it a challenge, and an affront.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts