Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share. Just finished the wheel/tire swap yesterday. Had the stock silly funhouse wheels with the 235's.
Picked up a used set of 18x8.5 +35 offset wheels, Option lab R716 Black for $250
I found some like new 245/60 18 Michelin Latitude Tour A/S tires. for $300

Goal was to get the tire flush with the fender trim and more aggressive All Season tire.

I like how it turned out. I have to gauge how far off the speedo is with my Garmin GPS. Plus, I'll have to see what kind of MPG hit I'll take with the bigger wheels.

Stock wheel/tire is 55.8 lbs
New wheel/tire is 56.6 lbs
difference of .8 lbs

Stock wheels are +45mm, aftermarket wheels are +35mm plus the additional wheel width of 1".

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Need to finish dressing up the tires with some black treatment and I should be ready for a Sierra Nevada winter.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Nice wheels/ride.(y)(y) Kinda partial to black wheels myself.

Reactions: Samuelx

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,814 Posts
They look like caliper covers to me.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Covers. https://www.calipercovers.com Smooth, super easy to clean, no nooks/crannies for dirt/dust to collect.

Talked to the owner of this beautiful 1000HP Hennessey Corvette.......kinda looks like the CRVs evil twin. LOL:giggle:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Very evil twin......

gonna check out those caliper covers, thanks for the link,
now that I have the new wheels on, It shows everything

·
Registered
1 Posts
Are you selling your old rims?

QUOTE="shortnugly, post: 1590207, member: 411825"]
Thought I'd share. Just finished the wheel/tire swap yesterday. Had the stock silly funhouse wheels with the 235's.
Picked up a used set of 18x8.5 +35 offset wheels, Option lab R716 Black for $250
I found some like new 245/60 18 Michelin Latitude Tour A/S tires. for $300

Goal was to get the tire flush with the fender trim and more aggressive All Season tire.

I like how it turned out. I have to gauge how far off the speedo is with my Garmin GPS. Plus, I'll have to see what kind of MPG hit I'll take with the bigger wheels.

Stock wheel/tire is 55.8 lbs
New wheel/tire is 56.6 lbs
difference of .8 lbs

Stock wheels are +45mm, aftermarket wheels are +35mm plus the additional wheel width of 1".

View attachment 136317

View attachment 136318
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
11 Posts
Covers. https://www.calipercovers.com Smooth, super easy to clean, no nooks/crannies for dirt/dust to collect.

Talked to the owner of this beautiful 1000HP Hennessey Corvette.......kinda looks like the CRVs evil twin. LOL:giggle:
View attachment 136333
If the evil twin ever had a family. He'd drive a minivan?

My Odyssey with two-piece floating rotors and red four and six-piston calipers.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Nice.(y)(y)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts