Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Don’t buy an air filter unless it’s specified at least 99% efficient. I didn’t see a spec on that cheapy. Buy the Mahle. It’s an extra $6 to protect your engine for some years. Good air filtration is more important to reduce engine wear, than oil filtration, yet , since they aren’t as sexy as oil filters, they don’t get the same internet scrutinization and endless debates that oil filters do.

·
Registered
656 Posts
The champ is probably just fine; they aren't a fly by night random Chinese company...
I don’t see any efficiency rating listed for them. They can’t be very proud of it, if they won’t state it.
In any case, why would you want to put a cheepo $6 airy filter with no efficiency #s on a $27k 2018 vehicle? To save $6 over the 2 years it will be in the vehicle? For less than an average, 1 cent a day, you can buy a rated filter that increases the odds of blocking fine particles from entering your expensive engine.
Someone opting to ‘save’ $6 in this critical area of their car, to get the cheapest part, reminds me of the old saying -penny wise, dollar foolish. JMHO

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.