Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help from the great minds of this forum. Thinking about getting some Michelin X Ice 2's and wondering if i bought this tire set off Craigslist could i use the 17'' wheels for 2018 CRV AWD??

As a bonus if it would work i could put the tires on my Ford C Max Hybrid and use the wheels for wifes CRV.

Thanks so much!

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/d/honda-wheels-and-tires-like/6683555124.html

·
Registered
202 Posts
The 2018 Accord and CRV both use the same size 17" rims, so they should work, but the tires that come on the Accord are smaller. If you replaced the Accord tires with 235/65R17 ones, then you should be good.

The Ford uses a different size bolt pattern for the wheels, but oddly enough both the Accord and your C-max seem to use the same size tires (225/50R17) so you'll probably be ok there too.

This looks like your plan should work.

In case you or anyone else wants a good website with tire/rim size cross referencing info, check out www.wheel-size.com.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Supposed to meet the guy tonight and buy them. Hoping since they came off an Accord Hybrid that wheel is a lot lighter than my current factory wheels. Then its off to Discount Tire to get some X-ice 2's installed.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 2018 Accord and CRV both use the same size 17" rims, so they should work, but the tires that come on the Accord are smaller. If you replaced the Accord tires with 235/65R17 ones, then you should be good.

The Ford uses a different size bolt pattern for the wheels, but oddly enough both the Accord and your C-max seem to use the same size tires (225/50R17) so you'll probably be ok there too.

This looks like your plan should work.

In case you or anyone else wants a good website with tire/rim size cross referencing info, check out www.wheel-size.com.
Looks like after digging a little deeper they arent exactly the same but close.

Crv 17'' Wheel= 7.5jx17 ET45 5 x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1
Accord Hybrid 17" wheel= 7.5jx17 ET55 5 x114.3 M12 x 1.5 64.1

Will that 10mm offset be a problem do you think??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts