Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have this issue? Anyone else have a solution? Dealer says it's the screen - something about it getting too much heat. Said they'd order one. Then Honda wouldn't pay for it... they said they were sending a software update (should be there in 1-2 days)... this July. Bought the car in October 2018. Today they tell us it's "still in the works".

Anyone heard of a fix for this?

·
Registered
73 Posts
I have seen one specific issue with the audio source changing from its previous setting to my iPhone whenever I plug in the USB cable using CarPlay. If I was previously listening to SiriusXM, the cable connection overrides that and starts playing whatever was the last music file I had loaded in my phone, without me asking it to play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same issue. The screen will suddenly start jumping around, switching audio sources, brings up the app menu by itself and starts "scrolling" through them, on items with multiple screens it will "click" the right arrow to advance to additional choices and then randomly start clicking left. Its as if an invisible monkey is poking randomly at the screen. This continues for minutes until I get so frustrated I turn it off or reboot (via 5 second press on the power button). That used to quiet it down for a while but today it launched right back into the phantom presses after reboot. Seems to sometime be initiated via FM radio as source vs. Bluetooth - but really no rhyme or reason. Please post any fix or update that folks become aware of. This is on 2017 CRV Touring. Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts