Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018 CR-V EX... Factory vs Dealer installed options and lane keeping

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  319625 
#1 ·
All,

I am looking at a 2018/19 CR-V EX AWD with back-up sensors and roof rails.. Well... in TX, AWD is not as prevalent as in colder areas, so finding one with the correct build out is a bit tough. What I have heard from one dealer is that you can't special order a build out from the factory. They will search the region but would have it driven in if it was outside the region. From another dealer, I was given a dealer install price list for back-up sensors and roof rails..

So.. a few questions
1) It is hard to believe that I can't order a specific build out from the factory.. Does this make sense or was it dealer speak??
2) Is it standard for Honda to do dealer upgrades like roof rails and backup sensors since both require a fair amount of effort.

Also, during the test drive, I wanted to test out the lane keeping.. I moved towards the lane edge and the steering seemed to "vibrate" and I saw a warning... This was the lane departure warning and not the lane keeping... right??

Regards,
Dogbert62

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
If your area or dealer wont get what you want
Swing to another dealer, or travel a little ways out get a better deal and break it in on a roadtrip home.

Rails and sensors, you can buy online from a honda dealer and bring to any dealer to install.
If you have it installed at pickup they’ll clobber you on costs.

The lane warning vibration And sensing suite, some are speed specific so maybe you were under speed or didnt have them engaged

Google HONDA TECH TUTOR, there is a page for crv specifically and they walk you through everythng.

Good luck

Btw 2019’s just went on sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.