Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife just got a '18 CR-V this week. So far so good. The lighting in the rear cargo area when opening the tailgate seems weak at best. Has anyone done any LED mods or LED strip mods in the back? How did it go? Pictures would be sweet.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ill be doing mine later today my mother just got an 18 as well and I've been in the process of swapping all her lights to LEDs etc, ill post pictures of the panels I bought to help you.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Here you go, hope this helps!
I used a pry removal tool from the top and wedged it between the panel and light and it popped right out. I tested to make sure it worked and re-installed.
I used a SMD 12LED Panel with some pick-n-pluck foam from Pelican cases to keep it firmly placed in then used electrical tape to hold it all together.

Ive also included some other photos of the back-up LED mod that I did.

IMG_4852.jpg

IMG_4855.jpg

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4856.jpg

IMG_4858.jpg

IMG_4861.jpg

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
I replaced those rear cargo area lights with LEDs and was a little disappointed. Not the best pic but you can see the stock bulb does illuminate more areas on the left side than the LED bulb illuminates on the right sight. Yes, there's a difference in color but notice how much better the floor is illuminated on the left side. To me, that brilliant white light is irritating to look at.

fullsizeoutput_3a.jpg

·
Registered
183 Posts
I replaced those rear cargo area lights with LEDs and was a little disappointed. Not the best pic but you can see the stock bulb does illuminate more areas on the left side than the LED bulb illuminates on the right sight. Yes, there's a difference in color but notice how much better the floor is illuminated on the left side. To me, that brilliant white light is irritating to look at.

View attachment 126239
I used some VLED bulbs for the rear cargo and reverse lights and they made a drastic difference. Also used cheap Sirius branded leds for the rest of the interior and they too are much brighter than the stock bulbs. You may want to try different bulbs.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Can you post a pic (similar to mine) with stock bulb on one side? Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts