Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I just took delivery of a 2018 Honda CR-V. (A few hours ago.)

Driving it home in the dark, I noticed for the first time that the gear selector in the console doesn't highlight the specific gear that is selected.
It shows on the dash just fine however.

I didn't notice this when I test drove it during the day.

I had expected to see "D" highlighted when driving or "P" when the vehicle is parked.

Is this normal ?

(By the way, I love the car.)

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,459 Posts
Hello.
I just took delivery of a 2018 Honda CR-V. (A few hours ago.)

Driving it home in the dark, I noticed for the first time that the gear selector in the console doesn't highlight the specific gear that is selected.
It shows on the dash just fine however.

I didn't notice this when I test drove it during the day.

I had expected to see "D" highlighted when driving or "P" when the vehicle is parked.

Is this normal ?

(By the way, I love the car.)
it does show the shift position, its too dark to go outside but its to the left of the speedo

If you mean next to the physical shifter
, no it doesnt, because its on the info screen on cluster

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Unless you regularly use S or L, you shouldn't need it often; you can do it all by feel with some practice. To go in R, push the button, and release as you pull one click. To go to D, pull to the stops as you release. To go back to R, push to the stop, push the button, and move one more click. To return to park from any position, hold the button and push to the stops.

(This works with all A/T's with a standard shifter; works on column shifters too.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts