Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 12/1/17, I purchased a 2018 CR-V EX-L which my wife and I thoroughly enjoy. One curiosity question: going into the garage late one evening, I heard a humming noise coming from the area between the two rear wheels. It sounded like a small fan running. Was not very loud at all. Started the car and backed it out of the garage and then drove it back into the garage and shut off the engine. Noise went away. I thought it might be a fluke. HoweverI have now heard it three time, always at night, because that is the only time it is quite enough to hear this humming. Do not know if it happens during the day because of other routine noises around. Stopped by local Honda dealer service department and asked if any of the technicians had any idea. Only idea that came up was maybe it was an emission self test/check. Has anyone else ever heard of something like this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
On 12/1/17, I purchased a 2018 CR-V EX-L which my wife and I thoroughly enjoy. One curiosity question: going into the garage late one evening, I heard a humming noise coming from the area between the two rear wheels. It sounded like a small fan running. Was not very loud at all. Started the car and backed it out of the garage and then drove it back into the garage and shut off the engine. Noise went away. I thought it might be a fluke. HoweverI have now heard it three time, always at night, because that is the only time it is quite enough to hear this humming. Do not know if it happens during the day because of other routine noises around. Stopped by local Honda dealer service department and asked if any of the technicians had any idea. Only idea that came up was maybe it was an emission self test/check. Has anyone else ever heard of something like this?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same situation here: 2019 CR-V bought new in central Ohio. Went into the garage early morning (4:30 AM) and heard faint whining noise coming from the center of the rear axle.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I believe that is just the fuel purge system which will cycle on several hours after the car is stopped (I believe it is a random time interval between 5 and 15 hours after the vehicle is parked and stopped). It won't happen every day, as it depends on the fuel level in the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts