Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

2018 CR-V is completely dead

11K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Edw 
#1 ·
Hi. I went to go to the store this morning, and my 2018 CR-V, recently serviced--oil change, battery check, etc. and all was perfect--and it is COMPLETELY DEAD. No lights, sounds, nothing. I used my battery charger to check the battery and it was at 95%. Fobs do nothing, but the fob light is working. No locks, lights, nothing. What is going on?!?! It's like an EMP was set off inside of the car. Help...

#5 ·
There is ONE very large fuse under the hood and it is a 100A. Check it.
If that blew, the cause needs to be found before replacing it.
Also, it is possible that the main neg battery ground connection broke or became unattached or loose. Look up on where that is.
Buffalo4
PS: Leave your battery charger connected to the battery and ON and then see if you have any lights, etc.

#7 ·
I bought my 2012 Honda CRV brand new. The first six years it had five batteries. I finally read a thread on this website where a guy said he replaced his AC relay. I insisted on my mechanic pulling in replacing it with a brand new one 2 1/2 years ago and I’ve not had a dead battery or had to be jumpstarted or any battery issue sense.

#10 ·
Hi recently traveled 1000 miles from home in my 2018 CRV EX. Stopped at a food store, came out and battery was dead. No warning light. Got AAA and a new battery installed since I was traveling in rural areas. My question is should I get a battery charger? I am mechanically challenged but am out of gps calling range so can’t always call for help. If a charger is a good plan any suggestions on brand/type? Made me sick to replace a 2 year old battery and getting car checked out in a couple of days. Thank you.

#12 ·
Hi recently traveled 1000 miles from home in my 2018 CRV EX. Stopped at a food store, came out and battery was dead. No warning light. Got AAA and a new battery installed since I was traveling in rural areas. My question is should I get a battery charger? I am mechanically challenged but am out of gps calling range so can’t always call for help. If a charger is a good plan any suggestions on brand/type? Made me sick to replace a 2 year old battery and getting car checked out in a couple of days. Thank you.
I recently bought the NOCO Genius5 based on recommendations I read here. I've been connecting it to my V every couple weeks because I am just not driving it very much.

NOCO Genius5 @ Amazon

#11 ·
Vehicles are complex computers today. A battery that would start a 1990's vehicle fine can appear "dead" to the computers.
You are lucky to get 3 years from a car battery today.
I replace every 2 years so I won't get stranded. It's cheap insurance.

If you are afraid of getting stranded - they sell small batteries that can jump start your vehicle. Just make sure you keep them charged. Mine cost less than $50. I charge it every other month.

#13 ·
Since covid, we have not been driving nearly as much as before. I have started putting a trickle charger on our 2018 Ridgeline and 2020 CRV once a month or so. Nothing high tech here. Just doing my part to keep our vehicles going when we hop in and hit the button. To date, we haven't had a problem with either. I should add, we have been taking long towing trips in our Ridgeline, so I haven't been doing the trickle charger on it, but will start doing that once we put our trailer to bed this fall. I have noticed our CRV has needed about an hour on the trickle charger each time I have done it, because of short trips.

I have just started using the CTEK MXS 5.0 Charger based on recommendations by our local Interstate battery distributor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.