Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had no issues until today when all 4 subject systems displayed problems at same time. Can't determine if these are all on 1 fuse or if issue is something more (computer?). Anyone else have similar problems?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Have had no issues until today when all 4 subject systems displayed problems at same time. Can't determine if these are all on 1 fuse or if issue is something more (computer?). Anyone else have similar problems?
Search the forum.
If theres slight ice build up or rain (maybe even a leaf) you’re system will throw an error as an fyi.
If it clears your good. If it comes up at start and never goes away thats a prob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ACC, Collision Mitigation and Lane Mitigation problems appeared in my info box. The brake system light was above my temp gauge

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Lane Mitigation? Did you mean (RDM) Road Departure Mitigation or (LKAS) Lane Keep Assist System. If LKAS than the front camera is the issue. If RDM than probably an issue with the system unable to communicate with the electric brakes so it's unable to apply the brakes automatically. The system will then disable the ACC, Collision Mitigation ect and generate those warnings.
Does the problem go away when you restart the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
The amber Brake System lamp by the temp guage come on when there is a problem with any auto braking function including brake hold. Normal braking and ABS is unaffected

The following is a list of the honda sensing functions and the systems required for those functions to operate.

ACC requires Radar, Camera, Auto Braking
RDM requires Camera, Auto Braking
LKAS requires Camera
Collision Mitiagation requires Radar, Camera, Auto Braking

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome to the CR-V Forum.

Happy you are here!

Hope you learned something from your post...

I live just east of the Rocky Mountains and have this issue on occasion...

Have fun here!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
This is the error that comes up during light snow View attachment 136532

View attachment 136533
This was the coating on radar.
(y)
This certainly illustrates one common cause of the radar going off-line, for sure.

Working as intended too. Ice has coated the outside cover in front of the radar.... and water frozen and crystalized like that can certainly play havoc and confuse the millimeter radar emitter/receiver. The system detected the issue and alerted the driver with the correct warnings so that the driver knows not to count on HondaSensing until the radar is again unobscured.

And it's not like you can simply put a heating coil in the plastic cover either... as that too will interfere with the radar. And exotic bleed air systems like those used on the front of aircraft wings won't work either... and are expensive anyway. So.. clearly... more innovation is required for safety systems (and ultimately autonomous driving systems) before owners can fully trust there driving safety to the automated systems.

Perhaps, some form of chemical moisture displacer could help mitigate this for owners in icy weather. Might be worth some experiments to see what might work in a case like this. For example... teflon lubricant sprays are commonly used to prevent moisture from entering and freezing door locks.. which can lead to the inability to work the door open and closed. So maybe it is as simple as lightly coating the plastic cover plate with a light teflon spray to inhibit moisture sticking and freezing in place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! My first Post/Reply. New 2019 CR-V with 2200 miles on it. Had the same issue as the thread starter. I'm in an area where it snows 5 months a year. I had a light coat of slush on the radar area. Got the same visuals as the OP. Washed the windshield and hosed the radar area thoroughly. Problem persisted. Drove around for 5 minutes (in clear weather) and issue finally cleared. I now know that I need to stop periodicxally and wash the front end of my car if I want the Honda Sensing to work. JFL, and those arent my initials.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Hello! My first Post/Reply. New 2019 CR-V with 2200 miles on it. Had the same issue as the thread starter. I'm in an area where it snows 5 months a year. I had a light coat of slush on the radar area. Got the same visuals as the OP. Washed the windshield and hosed the radar area thoroughly. Problem persisted. Drove around for 5 minutes (in clear weather) and issue finally cleared. I now know that I need to stop periodicxally and wash the front end of my car if I want the Honda Sensing to work. JFL, and those arent my initials.
Try this.... https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/multiple-problems-honda-sensing-obstructed.201414/#post-1592714

1 - 11 of 11 Posts