Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, I love my 2018 CR-V Touring.
It has 17K on her, and is probably the nicest automobile I have ever owned.

I'm just now staring to look at the Honda Link app.
Am I wrong or is the functionality pretty limited ?
I am not able to check the mileage, fuel level, oil life, tire pressure, remote start it or locate the vehicle from my Android phone.

I would appreciate hearing if others experience these same limitations.
If so, then I guess that's just the way it is. (I still love it.)
If not, then I wonder what i am doing wrong either with the app on the phone or the Honda link setup in the CR-V.

·
Registered
126 Posts
When it works you can check fuel mileage. But after fits and starts, it has never worked in spite of working with Honda Customer Service and I've given up on it

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
749 Posts
In the UK, we dont get Honda Link. What exactly does it do?

Brief summary will suffice if anyone is kind enough to share. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
In the UK, we dont get Honda Link. What exactly does it do?

Brief summary will suffice if anyone is kind enough to share. Thanks in advance.
Straight from Honda's HondaLink site. :) HondaLink: Connectivity for Smart Phones and Honda Vehicles

And there is a lookup on the landing page where you can input your model and year and it will tell you if Hondalink is supported and what features of HondaLink are enabled for your vehicle. Example for a 2071 CRV: HondaLink: Connectivity for Smart Phones and Honda Vehicles note: this does not have the same feature set as newer generation Hondas like the current generation Accords which have better features HondaLink: Connectivity for Smart Phones and Honda Vehicles (Accords get Security, Remote Start, and Concierge feature sets but only on the Touring triml, which CRV does not get on any trim level).

My observations and comments:
There appears to be a "basic" set of features, and an "extended" (Honda calls it "Link") set of features and not all Hondas get the extended set, and different Honda models have more or less features available beyond the core set.

Worse.... you have to pay an annual fee (currently $110 for CRV I believe and three tier pricing for the new Accords, which have more features) for full access to HondaLink features. And, you have to read the fine print on how it works, because if you are using CarPlay or AndroidAuto.... Hondalink only works wirelessly in some vehicles ... which means you need wireless tethering to your phone.

Note: in my view HondaLink is a waste on the gen5 CRV, but on the current generation Accords, it actually looks like it might have value for some owners, but it comes at a price fo course for more features. I'm sure gen6 CRVs will have a superset of what is available on the Accords.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's the kind of app that hardware/manufacturing companies make (outsource all coding to some external company, don't check or care if it works, never plan on updating it after the 1.0 release), not the kind of app that Internet companies make (that gets actual support and updates).

It's garbage, just forget it exists.

·
Registered
2020 CR-V hybrid Executive trim Premium Chrystal Red Metallic
17 Posts
Honda link is not available in the Netherlands. Simply because Honda is a small-volume player on the market with 460 cars (320 CR-Vs) annually sold. It's too expensive to translate it into Dutch I suppose

1 - 9 of 9 Posts