Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to this forum but hoping maybe someone can answer my question. I purchased a 2018 CR-V Touring Model in February of this year. When my turn signal is on, the mirrors also flash on the back side of the mirror. Recently, I noticed CRV's on the road with the same body style as mine, when their turn signal is on it also flashes on the front side of the mirror. There is an outline of 2 cars on the front of the mirror for the blind spot indicator and that outline will flash. I have looked in my manual and online. I also contacted my dealership and can't seem to find an answer to my question - does my vehicle have this option and if so, how do I turn it on? I have also looked in the set up menu in my car and can't find anything.

I hope my question makes sense. :) If anyone has an answer or any insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
Hello! I am new to this forum but hoping maybe someone can answer my question. I purchased a 2018 CR-V Touring Model in February of this year. When my turn signal is on, the mirrors also flash on the back side of the mirror. Recently, I noticed CRV's on the road with the same body style as mine, when their turn signal is on it also flashes on the front side of the mirror. There is an outline of 2 cars on the front of the mirror for the blind spot indicator and that outline will flash. I have looked in my manual and online. I also contacted my dealership and can't seem to find an answer to my question - does my vehicle have this option and if so, how do I turn it on? I have also looked in the set up menu in my car and can't find anything.

I hope my question makes sense. :) If anyone has an answer or any insight I would greatly appreciate it.

Go to Settings > Vehicle >Driver Assist System Setup > Blind Spot Info > Select: Audible and Visual Alert.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Wiley_11! Thanks for your reply. I found that online, and my car is set up with those settings and it doesn't work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think so. I called them to ask if it is supposed to have this feature and I can't get anyone to even answer that basic question.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just keep finding information that it has the blind spot indicator but nothing on whether or not it is supposed to flash when my turn signal is on. Seems like such a simple question.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The blind spot indicator (2 car icon on the mirror face) only comes on when someone is in the blind spot. It flashes if you activate the turn signal on that side while there is a car in that blind spot.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
The Blind Spot Indicator (the little amber LED icon near the outside edge of your mirror glass) lights up whenever somebody is in your blind spot. Additionally, you can configure BSI to beep at you if you turn your turn signal on when the indicator is lit. The LED itself is not connected to your turn signals.

Additionally there are turn signals mounted to the front of your mirror (barely visible from the inside because of the way the LED lenses are set up) that are just plain 'ol turn signals.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the information. So if I see a CRV on the road, and there's is flashing while stopped at a light, they must have a different year/model than mine. Correct?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thank you for the information. So if I see a CRV on the road, and there's is flashing while stopped at a light, they must have a different year/model than mine. Correct?
No, it means it senses a vehicle beside the car - probably you if you can see it :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts

Thanks!
Sure would be nice if Honda would add the "geezer" light on rear view mirrors. Us older gentlemen cannot hear the clicking and the dash flasher is small and behind the steering wheel.

·
Registered
99 Posts

Thanks!
Sapphire10680, I am confused by your question. So you are stating that the blind spot icon, 2 little cars on the actual mirror (glass) side, flash when you turn on your turn signals? The LEDs obviously flash on the front (painted) side to warn cars ahead of you that your are turning or lane changing. The 2 two car blind spot icon would flash only if you turned on your turn signals and there was a car in your blind spot, thus warning you it is not safe to turn or lane change. It may also beep as additional warning. I hope this answers your question.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Sure would be nice if Honda would add the "geezer" light on rear view mirrors. Us older gentlemen cannot hear the clicking and the dash flasher is small and behind the steering wheel.
It sounds like you understand you have sensory limitations that impact your ability to safely drive. I would consider finding a secondary display or have someone custom rig up some lights with a relay. You are at severe risk of t-boning someone who crosses in front of you, thinking you are about to turn. I imagine the relay route would be pretty easy for a car audio shop.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts