Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Having read up on the mixing of gas with the oil causing issues with 2015 - 2018 CRV 1.5 liter turbo vehicles, I am disappointed that Honda has been very slow in responding with US owners. It took action on the part of the Chinese Government for Honda to do a recall in February of last year. In fact, given that Honda knew of the problem, why did Honda continue to sell a defective can to me on 6/25/2018?

In late December I finally received a re-call on my CRV. The corrective action involves an oil change, software change to the air conditioner software and replacement of the air-conditioner. Because no explanation was provided as to why these actions will correct the issue, I do not have confidence in this corrective action. I have no idea of how well this problem was tested at Honda's labs. is this corrective action the real solution or is it a placebo?

I am tempted to resort to the Lemon Law to address my problem.

Concerned CRV Owner

·
Banned
22 Posts
No info?
Sure. Honda will deny there is a problem even when the dealer told me I have a problem with my engine and damage is being done. My oil dilution problem is a severe case and Honda will do nothing about it. I tried, and tried, and tried. So instead, I tell everyone who will listen to me to not buy a Honda. And I've talked a lot of people out of them. I post my info on other forums and have reached out to probably thousands of people.

I have been driving with a quart of gas in my oil on the same oil change since last October. I am following the maintenance schedule of my vehicle. My oil looks like this mornings coffee. Black water.

Sooner than later my CRV will be in the shop getting new camshafts.

-Dilution

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
No info?
Sure. Honda will deny there is a problem even when the dealer told me I have a problem with my engine and damage is being done. My oil dilution problem is a severe case and Honda will do nothing about it. I tried, and tried, and tried. So instead, I tell everyone who will listen to me to not buy a Honda. And I've talked a lot of people out of them. I post my info on other forums and have reached out to probably thousands of people.

I have been driving with a quart of gas in my oil on the same oil change since last October. I am following the maintenance schedule of my vehicle. My oil looks like this mornings coffee. Black water.

Sooner than later my CRV will be in the shop getting new camshafts.

-Dilution
Well they extended the engine warranties so explain again on the "do nothing". And Honda isn't denying anything either. Was just matter of who was spoken to at Honda. Call center employees (which aren't actual Honda) will play dumb and such just to avoid the work of dealing with it

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts