Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only one having issues with my 2018 CRV Auto Climate Control system? I am not talking about the lack of heat and the OD issues, which I also have. My auto climate control system does not maintain the auto set cabin temperature. I installed an indoor/outdoor thermostat on the screen for reference. On a recent long trip I set my temp at 20C, auto and sync on. It was 3C and a cloudy day. It took about 30 min. on the road to reach 20C but it didn’t stop there. It continued to 29C. I reduced the setting temp to 15.5C. The system struggled to lower the temperature. It never did get lower than 23C and certainly wasn’t robust attempting to do so. This seems to be the norm. Even in winter (-30) auto set at 20C the cabin rose to approx. 29C. My old 1978 Oldsmobile with ‘Comfortron Air’ managed to maintain a fairly constant cabin temperature. None of my more recent vehicles have had this problem. Am I the only one? Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
I never keep it on Auto because I hate it when the system plays with the A/C and fan settings so often to maintain the temp. It gets uncomfortable having a fan blow cold air in your face. I have always had auto off and sync on between driver and pax settings. It works better for me. I haven't tried with a thermostat as you did but it really doesn't surprise me that the temps are all over the place.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Something else that just seems to work in our CR-V, no complaints here, always use auto, seems to do a really good job of holding a steady cabin temperature. Maybe because my system units are in (F) not (C).:banana:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Am I the only one having issues with my 2018 CRV Auto Climate Control system? I am not talking about the lack of heat and the OD issues, which I also have. My auto climate control system does not maintain the auto set cabin temperature. I installed an indoor/outdoor thermostat on the screen for reference. On a recent long trip I set my temp at 20C, auto and sync on. It was 3C and a cloudy day. It took about 30 min. on the road to reach 20C but it didn’t stop there. It continued to 29C. I reduced the setting temp to 15.5C. The system struggled to lower the temperature. It never did get lower than 23C and certainly wasn’t robust attempting to do so. This seems to be the norm. Even in winter (-30) auto set at 20C the cabin rose to approx. 29C. My old 1978 Oldsmobile with ‘Comfortron Air’ managed to maintain a fairly constant cabin temperature. None of my more recent vehicles have had this problem. Am I the only one? Thanks
Same issue. I keep mine at 17 in the winter and it's too hot. My whole family complains about it always being too hot. And in the summer, it's too cold. It seems like the sensor for reading the ambient temperature in the cabin is in a bad spot or possibly faulty. If you set the temperature to 20C, the temperature in the cabin should stay around there.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Whether in "Auto" or "Manual" mode, I set it for what feels comfortable and pay attention to my driving and traffic......not some goofy temp numbers.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Whether in "Auto" or "Manual" mode, I set it for what feels comfortable and pay attention to my driving and traffic......not some goofy temp numbers.
I agree, and when I buy shoes, or pants, I don't care what number (size) is on them either, just that they feel right...are comfortable.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I keep mine on auto. Sometimes I'll need to manually speed up the fan to cool off quicker. I dont consider that a problem, just my preference. It works well between heat and cool.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
But that’s the issue the OP is referring to. He’s not able to keep the cabin comfortable.
Perhaps the OP has a malfunctioning system and should have the dealer look at it.

I was referring to crv383's comment about numbers. If I am comfortable setting it at 72 or 78, it doesn't matter.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Perhaps the OP has a malfunctioning system and should have the dealer look at it.

I was referring to crv383's comment about numbers. If I am comfortable setting it at 72 or 78, it doesn't matter.
I agree.

The OP should have the dealer take a look at it. It's entirely possible it has a faulty temperature control sensor.

Being old school.. I used to keep Auto off.. but over time I have adjusted and I now use the Auto feature instead and honestly it works better at cabin environment then when I was trying to do so manually. In fact, while initially skeptical about the Auto control feature, I now really like it. I guess you can teach old dogs new tricks. :)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
But that’s the issue the OP is referring to. He’s not able to keep the cabin comfortable.
I didn't see the word "comfortable" anywhere in the OP.......lots of references to temp/numbers but not "comfortable".

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I'm really old school......I don't like running the a/c compressor in the winter and the heater in the summer and that's basically the way "auto" works.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I run my C/C system on auto all the time, as in my previous cars. It seems to work well and I dont have to adjust it very often.
I would think HONDA should be able to check the system to see what the problem is.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
I'm really old school......I don't like running the a/c compressor in the winter and the heater in the summer and that's basically the way "auto" works.
Heh.... I've been there in that same old school. :)

Thing is.. I have found that Auto is really intelligent on these new vehicles and it actually only applies heat or cold, "as required" to maintain set cabin temperature. Admittedly... precise cabin temperature inside a vehicle traveling in weather (be it sunny, cloudy, hot, cold, etc.) is kind of a myth in terms of precision because heat or cold tends to be unevenly distributed in a vehicle due to different thermal dynamics of glass, metal, insulation, etc. PLUS there is only one temperature sensor in the cabin, and I am not sure where it is located exactly. Now, one can assume in a cabin where sensor temperature and set temperature on the controls are in large mismatch..... that in Auto.. the system will apply the correct heat/cold setting and crank up the fan to circulate and normalize the temperature in the cabin.. and in my experience now.. it does a pretty good job in most cases.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts