Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

With all this down time I was planning on replacing my pads with OEMs this week.
Does anyone know the torque specs for the caliper bolts for the front and rear?

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
have fun changing the rears are gonna be the real killer!

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,182 Posts
Fishy's right, the rear calipers are a new animal. You have gear motors in the calipers for the electric parking brakes. You must fully retract these parking brake motors before attempting to push the pistons back.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Been enjoying the laughs if people trying to do electronic rear brakes themselves because they get pissed when they have to buy a caliper that alone costs more than even the most expensive dealership charges to do them.

Cant just use a clamp, special process first to retract the parking brake drive, then have the kit to basically screw the piston back in.

Though when the manual version of e-brake calipers came out, people were destroying those too. Still happens.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
Yeah about 6:20 I say that Lol and its nearly a year later, I am the one that proved channel locks work, who's laughing now?

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Ya and that's a good way to screw up the pistons if you arent careful. Just have to turn them to get them to go in once the ebrake is retracted (if Honda requires it). But it's still a really bad example and quite easy to damage the piston or boot. If you did, will be me laughing when caliper seizes up lol. But guessing you have some understanding of what your doing so would be ok.

It's all the wanna be backyard mechanics that dont have freaking clue outside of a crescent wrench and a hammer that I find funny. Those are the ones that help us stay busy.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,182 Posts
Ya and that's a good way to screw up the pistons if you arent careful. Just have to turn them to get them to go in once the ebrake is retracted (if Honda requires it). But it's still a really bad example and quite easy to damage the piston or boot. If you did, will be me laughing when caliper seizes up lol. But guessing you have some understanding of what your doing so would be ok.

It's all the wanna be backyard mechanics that dont have freaking clue outside of a crescent wrench and a hammer that I find funny. Those are the ones that help us stay busy.

The only two tools need by a back yard mechanic are a hammer and a rubber.....If you can't fix it with a hammer, Frack it. 😅

1 - 11 of 11 Posts