Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought and installed a CURT hitch on my new CR-V. Looks great and it went pretty smoothly.

Then I installed the recommended etrailer wiring harness which was a total bugger to get at. I felt pretty good that I only broke one trim piece:
a "lower cargo hook" which I now realize has a blind release clip for correct removal. I sort of doubt I'll ever use it as a cargo net hook, but still would like to replace the broken piece. I've looked at a couple of Honda parts sites and can't really tell from the diagrams if I've got the correct part. It is somewhere between $2.00 and $7.50 depending. Any suggestions on how to identify? The clip has "POM A4" molded in, but that doesn't appear to be anything.

This could be it, but the drawing is too small to tell:
Honda Part No.: 84662-TLA-A01ZA
Hook, Trunk *NH900L* (DEEP BLACK)

My backup plan is to glue in the broken one. it would look just fine. :)
Photo of my broken part:

Unknown.jpg

Thanks

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
how about a pic of where you installed it?

·
Registered
309 Posts
I'd take a look at the catalog for you, but, for that price, you should just go to the dealer and make their parts department identify and order it for you. No shipping cost and they can own the problem of identifying the correct part. What's the gain from ordering it online? A couple of dollars?

·
Registered
309 Posts
[Hmmm. My first reply seems to have disappeared.] It said, for a part this cheap, why buy online? Go to your dealer's parts department and let them own the problem of identifying the correct part. You may even get the part cheaper since the cost of the part is so small compared to shipping.

But, if I were betting several bucks on it, I'd bet that you have the correct part: Trunk *NH900L* Hook. It looks to me like the only possibility in the diagram. My only reservation is the catalog says quantity one per--but shows two.

·
Registered
844 Posts
[Hmmm. My first reply seems to have disappeared.] It said, for a part this cheap, why buy online? Go to your dealer's parts department and let them own the problem of identifying the correct part. You may even get the part cheaper since the cost of the part is so small compared to shipping.

But, if I were betting several bucks on it, I'd bet that you have the correct part: Trunk *NH900L* Hook. It looks to me like the only possibility in the diagram. My only reservation is the catalog says quantity one per--but shows two.
I broke mine too, dealer had it in stock, $3 surprisingly. There's only one on touring trim which is why you see that. The trunk hook is correct.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A trip to the dealer parts desk is good counsel. And I'm really in no rush if they have to order something.

Thanks @dick_w and @minestrud

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
ah.. got confused. thought you installed a better hook.

i quit using as cargo hook... didn't want to break. i now take the top left and right loops and put them through the end holders on the cargo area top cover.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Honda 2017 CR-V EX-L 1.5 Turbo and also broke this part because none of the videos or forums that talk about installing the harness also mention to remove this part. It can be removed with a small screw driver by half way opening the hook then pressing in the white tab at the back to release the hook.
You are looking for the following Honda part.
Image Ref #: 026
Hook, Trunk *NH900L*
Part Number: 84662-TLA-A01ZA

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, I need to remove this same hook on my 2018 EX-L. Not having any luck, and would rather not break it. Can't really tell from your picture where the retaining clips are. Any insight you could provide me would be greatly appreciated. Does is just yank out? Does a "blind release clip" mean that there's no way to access it, and that you just have hope it doesn't break when removed?

Thanks, David

·
Registered
844 Posts
Hi, I need to remove this same hook on my 2018 EX-L. Not having any luck, and would rather not break it. Can't really tell from your picture where the retaining clips are. Any insight you could provide me would be greatly appreciated. Does is just yank out? Does a "blind release clip" mean that there's no way to access it, and that you just have hope it doesn't break when removed?

Thanks, David
Iirc there's a little flap you lift up and then push a release.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Raise the hook to expose the release tab, and then push in on that white release tab (labeled C in the pic) with a small screwdriver while pulling the whole hook assembly out from the trim. Very easy. The whole thing just snaps back in place when you reinstall it.
hook.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Raise the hook to expose the release tab, and then push in on that white release tab (labeled C in the pic) with a small screwdriver while pulling the whole hook assembly out from the trim. Very easy. The whole thing just snaps back in place when you reinstall it.
View attachment 125561
I eventually just yanked it out. There is NO release to push on my hook. Perhaps they changed the design (2018 CR-V). The clipping mechanism is not reachable. Luckily, my didn't break when I removed it, but when I reinstalled it, it's not seated as firmly as it was before, but will do.

Knowing what I know now, the best method to remove it would be to grasp both sides of it firmly, under the edges, with whatever appropriate tool you can come up with, then pull (yank) straight out.

I WISH mine had a release tab.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I picked up the part at local Honda parts counter for $2.47
I don't know that I'll actually every use these hooks but the hole is filled and the part was amazingly cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts