Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I just got my 2018 crv yesterday, and this morning, i could not start my engine. The headlights, interior lights and dash was on. I had to jump start it. I drove it around afterwards for about 30 minutes and parked it. Came back 3-4 hours later to find that it again needed to be jump started, lights and electronics was still functional yet still needed a jump!!

So, just wanted to let you all know of this issue to see if any other 2018 owners are experiencing this same issue.

I’m going to drive it tomorrow as I have about an hour commute to work, hopefully it will charge the battery enough and the issue was just a battery that’s been sitting for way too long with out being charged.

Other than that, the car is super fun to drive! This is coming from a long time and continuing owner of a 2011 civic SI sedan w/ hpt suspensions that I bought brand new! The last properly designed SI.

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Hello! I just got my 2018 crv yesterday, and this morning, i could not start my engine. The headlights, interior lights and dash was on. I had to jump start it. I drove it around afterwards for about 30 minutes and parked it. Came back 3-4 hours later to find that it again needed to be jump started, lights and electronics was still functional yet still needed a jump!! So, just wanted to let you all know of this issue to see if any other 2018 owners are experiencing this same issue. I’m going to drive it tomorrow as I have about an hour commute to work, hopefully it will charge the battery enough and the issue was just a battery that’s been sitting for way too long with out being charged. Other than that, the car is super fun to drive! This is coming from a long time and continuing owner of a 2011 civic SI sedan w/ hpt suspensions that I bought brand new! The last properly designed SI. Cheers!
take it back to the dealer. I think there is a TSR out on that. - or your battery is **** and they need to replace.

·
Registered
600 Posts
take it back to the dealer. I think there is a TSR out on that. - or your battery is **** and they need to replace.
The TSB was 17-032, but was issued around June 2017. I would expect 2018's would not have that issue since the TSB resolution was a software update. This is likely a bad battery or a bad connection in the wiring to the starter, especially since the lights, etc still are working when the car won't start. When I had the issue before the TSB fix nothing electrical would work when the battery was dead.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts