Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....wife just bought a new CRV and there is no seatback pocket on the drivers side. Is that correct? My friend has a 2018 CRV and his has a seatback pocket on drivers side.
Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys....does anyone else find it weird or is it just me? Maybe I'm anal but it just looks off and I don't know the reason for it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
think it is removed on most cars now for what they consider a safety concern of having driver being distracted..

·
Registered
73 Posts
Also missing on my 2018 EX-L, so it must be intentional. Does seem strange, though. On my 2014, the rear passengers used both of the seatback pockets and I would sometimes store a baseball cap or papers there. Can't imagine leaving one out is a big cost savings--in fact, they probably lose money by having to manufacture two different seatbacks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok....so I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said the ones he checked at his lot all are missing the drivers seat back pocket so I guess we can say it's intentional. The thing is, my buddy has the 2018 with cloth seats and he has one on his drivers side. Weird, huh?

The salesman says he has no idea why Honda does this on some of their vehicles. Also...I looked at the PDF of interior specs and it specifically says "passenger side seat back".....but....the picture on the website shows a seatback pocket on drivers side.

This blows me away....I guess we can simply assume is that some cars have it and some do not but there is no logical reason explaining why some don't.....or more importantly.....why not simply all have them? It isn't an upgrade option and it definitely looks funny to those who favor symmetry. Thanks for the replies guys :)

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
I also favor symmetry. But since I don't sit in the back seat it doesn't bother me..... However, the lower driver side switch panel does bother me :( All those empty blank spots .... what are they for and why dont we have those extra featues ????

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had asked this before and the somewhat convoluted answer I got was that these are map pockets. The driver can reach the passenger side pocket easily but not the driver's side, hence only one pocket is needed. But I agree with others, for symmetries sake, there should be pockets on both sides!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Honda spent the money from that seatback pocket to give us a real volume control knob that nearly everyone was clambering for.

Ya gotta be careful what you ask for or you just might get it; and then lose something else in the trade-off!

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Remove 1 backseat pocket and save money
359,000 units sold per year X $3.00 cost per seat = I million + dollars in Honda's pocket :=)

·
Registered
465 Posts
Ok....so I just got off the phone with my dealer and he said the ones he checked at his lot all are missing the drivers seat back pocket so I guess we can say it's intentional. The thing is, my buddy has the 2018 with cloth seats and he has one on his drivers side. Weird, huh?

The salesman says he has no idea why Honda does this on some of their vehicles. Also...I looked at the PDF of interior specs and it specifically says "passenger side seat back".....but....the picture on the website shows a seatback pocket on drivers side.

This blows me away....I guess we can simply assume is that some cars have it and some do not but there is no logical reason explaining why some don't.....or more importantly.....why not simply all have them? It isn't an upgrade option and it definitely looks funny to those who favor symmetry. Thanks for the replies guys :)
It's funny what bothers some people. Just think of all the people that never noticed. A whole new batch of upset people...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Remove 1 backseat pocket and save money
359,000 units sold per year X $3.00 cost per seat = I million + dollars in Honda's pocket :=)

Think about all the $ and trees just from making the manual a downloadable pdf or online request that only people here know anout haha

·
Registered
664 Posts
I had asked this before and the somewhat convoluted answer I got was that these are map pockets. The driver can reach the passenger side pocket easily but not the driver's side, hence only one pocket is needed. But I agree with others, for symmetries sake, there should be pockets on both sides!
This answer is the most on the mark of all who have responded except for the symmetry thing. That's just silly. I will tell you if you get seat covers then you'll have map pockets on both seats. Got the Spacer mesh custom from Coverking. So if it bothers you that much, spend the $$ and install seat covers.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts