Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
8,209 Posts
For someone claiming not to be a dummy, you dont exactly seem clued up on how a weak battery affects all the electrical systems.

The reason(s) why every warning displays is because the car is telling you something is wrong. Read the manual - your answer lies within.
And I bet the immobilizer got activated when the battery was swapped out... probably by a momentary spark from positive to ground glitching the power rail on the immobilizer circuit. In which case the best practice as most of us here have learned is to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes to allow every single circuit in the vehicle to loose stand-by power and hence fully reset when they are repowered up by reattaching the battery.

Could also be the immobilizer triggered due to something not battery related at all. That can happen.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
8,209 Posts
<deleted by moderator...> He said the problems happened AFTER he changed out his weak battery.
He did indeed say that. He also ignored sound solicited advice.

He claimed to be well versed in working with vehicles electrical systems yet has no understanding why all the alert lights go crazy when you have a weak battery or change out a weak battery, which kind of undercuts his "expertise" claim somewhat. When in fact.. it is one of the most common and discussed behaviors of how CRVs react to a bad, dead, or replacement of the battery and the best practice is to disconnect power for 10 minutes to allow every system in the vehicle to fully reset and remove any malfunctions due to power glitching.

The original poster came to the forum for help and advice... and I encourage them to read and accept said help and advice as it is presented, rather than shift focus to "I know what I am doing" when given advice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts