Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I’ve tried searching everywhere and cannot seem to find an answer. We just bought an 18 LX and wanted to get the foglights installed. Honda does not make a kit for the lx. Has anyone successfully attempted the install? Can you post a link to the kit you used? Does it use a button for the foglights or does it use a new headlight stick on the steering wheel?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have you used these personally? I also can’t seem to find install structures online for the 18. It seems like the previous years used the headlight stall and these use a button that goes by the other buttons.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Try searching for EX fog lights. Your dealer can also install them correctly without fear of future warranty issues if you're not so mechanically inclined. A prudent negotiator would have had that as part of the vehicle purchase if that were a feature they knew they wanted in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try searching for EX fog lights. Your dealer can also install them correctly without fear of future warranty issues if you're not so mechanically inclined. A prudent negotiator would have had that as part of the vehicle purchase if that were a feature they knew they wanted in advance.
I talked to my Honda dealer about it before the purchase and they told me since Honda did not make an oem kit, they would not install anything on them. Oh well, I guess I’ll just try it!

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,955 Posts
when you finalized your sale why did you not look at the books on their Desk, has all the options to sell you stuff.

Option one DIY
Option two auto shops
Option three Dealer shp

·
Registered
96 Posts
I talked to my Honda dealer about it before the purchase and they told me since Honda did not make an oem kit, they would not install anything on them. Oh well, I guess I’ll just try it!

$70 at fleabay. Nice and easy kit to connect. You don't have to remove the steering wheel cover like if you were instlling a factory set.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Black-2017-2018-Honda-CRV-Bumper-Fog-Lights-Driving-Lamps-Bulbs-Left-Right/132371014364?fits=Year%3A2017%7CModel%3ACR-V%7CMake%3AHonda&hash=item1ed1ed62dc:g:VbwAAOSwDFBaBMSO:rk:3:pf:0

Also, the hardest part should be removing the front bumper but not difficult. I have removed front and rear bumpers from previous CRV's versions. Hard but not impossible.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I got the same set off ebay. I took off my entire front bumper and ran the switch wire through the wheel well and into the cabin of the car. I hooked up the control wire to a switch that lights up when the headlights are turned on. I just leave my fog lights on when my headlights go on so it's automatic.

I don't think it came with any instructions but you can YouTube any install instruction for these third party fog lights. The wiring isn't all that difficult... It's just removing the bumper and running the wire for the switch into the cabin. Sorry I don't have any pics of the actual install...

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got the same set off ebay. I took off my entire front bumper and ran the switch wire through the wheel well and into the cabin of the car. I hooked up the control wire to a switch that lights up when the headlights are turned on. I just leave my fog lights on when my headlights go on so it's automatic.

I don't think it came with any instructions but you can YouTube any install instruction for these third party fog lights. The wiring isn't all that difficult... It's just removing the bumper and running the wire for the switch into the cabin. Sorry I don't have any pics of the actual install...
Perfect! Thank you, I appreciate it! I’m going to try and tackle this sometime soon! I’m glad the wiring isn’t too difficult... made me nervous ripping apart my brand new car haha!

·
Registered
183 Posts

If your plan is to leave them on and have the remote wire tapped into a headlight wire, there's no need to run it into the cabin at all. You should be able to bypass the switch as well making for one less component that could fail.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts