Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'18 CR-V EXL Obsidian Blue
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked my forum name because I didn’t have the patience to figure out something unique.

Searched out a forum to ask questions about our family’s 2018 CRV with the 1.5L turbo engine that we got in June 2018.

Presently I also own 2 Acura Legends (both 1993 Canterbury Green color, one a 4 door sedan auto, the other a LS coupe 6 speed) and have joined the appropriate online community.

I do have a maintenance question for my CRV but have not yet found the proper “folder” to ask my specific question regarding code B167 for which the differential and brake fluids are referenced (along with oil/filter change). There’s no guidance like in the old school owners or maintenance manuals as to estimated miles or time intervals.

We have 19,300 miles on the CRV; the oil and filter was changed in March and we have about 2,000+ miles on it since then. It seems to me that it’s early for both the brake and differential fluids, as well as the oil/filter to be changed.

I’m not sure how to configure this forum yet so I can be notified by email for any responses so please be patient if I don’t respond to any response(s) right away.

Thanks!

Reactions: TheDarkKnight

·
Premium Member
2019 Acura RDX Aspec
1,706 Posts
The diff fluid alert comes up at 17,500 ish then after that its every 30k or something but it should be up.

brake fluid should be checked if it came up, if i recall that service is like $60 at the dealer or like $100/120 with an oil change.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V EXL Obsidian Blue
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!
Makes sense for differential to be changed at that short interval the first time

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Moving this to the Gen 5 section for you. That's where you'll want to put most questions regarding your 2018 V. Nice color! FYI, just in case - I understand there are two versions of the owner's manual - a shorter one and a longer one. You might check that out to see if you can find more detailed reference info.

If you go to your Account Settings, you will find a spot on the main page to enter your vehicle info (year, trim level, etc.). Do that and save, and then your info will always be shown in your Avatar. Then go to Account Settings/Preferences. There you will find a large number of alert settings to configure and save. I don't like to get an email for each alert, so what I do is I set mine to give me alerts on all new posts and replies, etc., then I go to my Gmail account and mark these as spam. After that, I get all the alerts in the upper right corner of the page at my Avatar, but my phone is not deluged with alert emails that have to be deleted one at a time. So the only time I see them is when I come to the site. Works well for me, as I don't use my phone here, just my computer. Be sure to explore the rest of the settings in there too, so you can get it all set up like you want it. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts