Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dealer does my vehicle maintenance . I take my car in prior to the maint minder indicator coming on and it gets reset when the dealer is done. Doing it this way leaves me blind to the recomended fluid change on the differential and the transmission. Is there a mileage schedule provided by Honda that would tell me that?

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,007 Posts
Yes. I do mine how I personally feel , the MM came on for me on these and what I read here, so do what others will tell you or use this as a Idea

1 Oil on non turbo 10K, Turbo less what is less 5K or when the MM lights up no higher.
2 Brake fluid 26K came on its 2 years 23 months later
3 CVT did not come on maybe at 30K
4 Rear diff came on at 16-19K
5 Ac cabin filter Spring and Fall no question about it ( prior to car inspection, you'll get a person that will fail you on an Ac cabin filter or try to sell you)
6 Air Element Filter Prior to car inspection
7 Tire Rotation Spring and Fall, or every 5K-10K Mileage.

just a few things I feel works out FOR ME.

My car if ever gone to the Shop I request the machanic to not touch the MM and get the manager and explain to them why, if he or she does not comply (wink) you can say No right.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,897 Posts
The MM in gen 5s is smart and has separate metrics for each type of service category, as well as a fairly complex set of metrics for various conditions that affect oil life and hence accumulate to trigger an oil service alert based not just on miles or time.. but a list of other metrics captured from the engine and the environment as well as driving conditions.

So.. an early oil change and reset of the MM will only reset the start of life cycle measurement for the oil service interval. All other service codes remain unchanged.. and will continue to life cycle and trigger when a service interval is reached.

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,007 Posts
yes you can reset just hte Oil or everything and I agree only reset what you change.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Check the MM manually before you take it in. The MM always shows all the recommended services for the next oil change.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts