Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having issues with my 2018 CRV EXL. While driving the vehicle, the screen will shut down and not restart. Upon getting to a safe place, I can restart the vehicle, and the screen may or may not start. There are times when I start to car to travel to work, and the screen does not start up. Of course, upon taking it to the dealer they cannot duplicate the problem. The problem is sporadic and a distraction when I'm driving, as I cannot control the entertainment system, climate control system or any functions on the main center screen.

If anyone is having similar problems, please let me know...especially if there is a fix for it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2018 Touring edition. I have been having a similar problem only my display gets completely wacky. It starts with the brightness control display just randomly coming on. Things will flash light to dark; go completely black; flash red; and it will change my radio station. The re-boot seldom works anymore. I have to turn the car off and start it again. I have taken it in and the dealer says that American Honda is working on it. I sure hope so. I drive 1-1.5 hours each way to work and it's annoying to the point that I am regretting my purchase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FYI - I recorded my screen in a loop between the brightness screen and the radio screen that lasted about 7 seconds before the screen went blank. Showed the video to the dealer technician. He couldn’t duplicate the issue. Said there was no software update to address it so I was sent away with no solution. �� I have a 2017 CRV Ex.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
it hasn't happened in a long while for me... but it only happened after driving for way over an hour. dealer can't replicate that quickly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am having issues with my 2018 CRV EXL. While driving the vehicle, the screen will shut down and not restart. Upon getting to a safe place, I can restart the vehicle, and the screen may or may not start. There are times when I start to car to travel to work, and the screen does not start up. Of course, upon taking it to the dealer they cannot duplicate the problem. The problem is sporadic and a distraction when I'm driving, as I cannot control the entertainment system, climate control system or any functions on the main center screen.

If anyone is having similar problems, please let me know...especially if there is a fix for it.

Thanks
I just had it happen when needing the screen for navigation. Kind of takes away the joy of bragging that you have a new car!

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks
service bulletin is out on that problem

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks
I’m having similar issues.My entire screen goes blank and or bounces from one screen to another...

·
Registered
11 Posts
FYI - I recorded my screen in a loop between the brightness screen and the radio screen that lasted about 7 seconds before the screen went blank. Showed the video to the dealer technician. He couldn’t duplicate the issue. Said there was no software update to address it so I was sent away with no solution. �� I have a 2017 CRV Ex.
Where do you get software updates?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am having similar issues, screen goes dark, back up camera lines don’t go away when in drive, radio comes on LOUD while on a phone call and more. Dealer did software upgrades, then replaced parts of the unit and it still won’t work. Been in the shop for a week and was not fixed yet. I have a great dealer, been a customer for over 20 years and they take really good care of me so driving a fun Civic while they work on it. They have not run across one with issues like this yet. Most of the time a software update fixes issues. I have a 2018.

·
Registered
11 Posts

Thanks
Very similar to mine, it’s going to Honda next week stay tuned

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the 2018 Touring edition. I have been having a similar problem only my display gets completely wacky. It starts with the brightness control display just randomly coming on. Things will flash light to dark; go completely black; flash red; and it will change my radio station. The re-boot seldom works anymore. I have to turn the car off and start it again. I have taken it in and the dealer says that American Honda is working on it. I sure hope so. I drive 1-1.5 hours each way to work and it's annoying to the point that I am regretting my purchase.
Great exactly what mine is doing! I commute far so this is a pain, I do have it on video

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is how mine started! 5-7 seconds, last episode it was at least 4 minutes. Unacceptable. I bought a new, Honda for a reason! To drive it forever.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am having issues as well. The radio will come on LOUD during a phone conversation, the vol can’ be turned down, he back up camera will stay on while driving forward. Dealer could not get it to do a factory reset. They replaced some parts, and it messed up again before I could leave the dealership. It has been in the shop for over a week now - not sure what I will do as it has also had 2 new batteries in the 2 years I have owned it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WARNING!! after 2 escalations, Honda will not fix my screen issues (brightness frozen) even though it was reported several times during the warrantee period but now we are over mileage (because they had no fix in time!!!) . They said check your warrantee, it states they don't have to fix it (for free). They want $270 for another try at fixing it (had 4 try's already).

SO..... If your Honda is experiencing theses problems that they can not fix... Get a loaner before you go over the 36K miles and don't return it until they fix yours!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts