Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

2018 CRV touch screen problem

1986 3
Was driving and touch screen went black. Tried turning on and off and got no response. A few minutes later the screen came back on. On another trip today a message about audio being off displayed. Anyone else having these issues?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Yes. On mine ('18 CR-V), the whole unit keeps changing settings by itself. Honda first told me that it was a scree problem. They'd order a new one. Honda America declined this, saying that it was a known issue, and they were sending a software patch to fix it. Still waiting (7 mos. since purchase).

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
10,508 Posts
As discussed in another thread on the same issue.... some owners have found that cleaning the screen solved their issue with misbehaving HU.

While I have not had the issue.. cleaning finger prints regularly off of the touch screen does make some sense and is worth a try until Honda gets around to the alleged software fix. It is the first thing I would try if this ever pops up on my vehicle. Excess fingerprints can be conductive, particularly in a warm cabin.... and that could be causing some of the issues some owners have experienced. Worth a shot.. costs nothing and may save some frustration at the dealership.

· Registered
4 Posts
As discussed in another thread on the same issue.... some owners have found that cleaning the screen solved their issue with misbehaving HU.

While I have not had the issue.. cleaning finger prints regularly off of the touch screen does make some sense and is worth a try until Honda gets around to the alleged software fix. It is the first thing I would try if this ever pops up on my vehicle. Excess fingerprints can be conductive, particularly in a warm cabin.... and that could be causing some of the issues some owners have experienced. Worth a shot.. costs nothing and may save some frustration at the dealership.
Will do - worth a shot, as you say. The screens are made by Panasonic, and the problem as described by service is tat they change settings when they get too warm. Thx again!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.