Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first post, so bear with me... In Sept. 2018, I bought a 2018 EX with gray cloth upholstery. Here it is, less than 4 months and 3,000 miles later, the back of the driver's seat has a patch of worn upholstery. I haven't worn anything unusual while driving, just winter coats. Has anybody else seen this problem? I've e-mailed Honda USA via their Honda Users website, so I'll see what they say. I can't tell if it's under warranty, or if I'm SOL and have to get the seat re-upholstered. Here's a photo of the spot in question. (I can't figure out how to turn it so it's vertical.) View attachment 127509 Any advice or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,353 Posts
That's some weird stuff. These fabrics get severely tested. Never seen anything like that.
Off to the dealer. Replacement covers are available.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
hmmm you have anything at that point of on a jacket or belt - that would rub in that location?

agree w/Rocky.... they will ask more questions than I just did.

due to the light color of the gray, i keep covers on my seats. i might not care their condition in 10 years and remove the covers. :snork:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have to agree. It looks like something with a rough or sharper edge was in daily contact with that seat. Don't know if you are male or female but could it be from a handbag or backpack with buckles or something like that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have to agree. It looks like something with a rough or sharper edge was in daily contact with that seat. Don't know if you are male or female but could it be from a handbag or backpack with buckles or something like that?
I would hazard a guess on a handbag. I would expect that Honda us will say it’s not a manufacturing defect and you’d be liable for the damage.

Find out what’s doing the damage and put it in the back seat...

You have a few choices
Buy a new cover and keep it but don’t fit it until you sell the car.

Buy strong vinyl cover and put it over the seat.

Or try this
https://m.wikihow.com/Remove-Pilling-From-Clothing

Results vary and I don’t recommend the seat change yourself as there are probably airbags fitted....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, everybody. My first thought was that it came from the back of my winter coats, but after a cursory check, I didn't think that was it. My boyfriend suggested velcro was maybe rubbing against it, and then sure enough, the middle of the back of one of my winter jackets has some kind of flap that's held together with velcro. I suspect one side of the velcro was rubbing against the fabric while I was driving. I guess I won't wear that jacket in the car anymore! I'm taking the car to the dealership on Thursday to have the A/C switch (or whatever it was) replaced as per the recall notice that I got. I'll see if they can give me an estimate on getting that section of the fabric on the seat back replaced. Argh. I already bought a seat cover for the back seat to protect it from my dog. I really don't want to get more seat covers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts