Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
In October I bought my sandstorm EX. Soon after I started my customizations.
Blacked out the front and rear chrome pieces, 35% carbon ceramic tint all around, removed the rear wiper, changed the headlights and fog lights to LED, installed a tow hitch with wiring, roof rails with crossbars and added a roof basket for camping, installed 2 front ventilated seat covers, upgraded the battery to 24F for my 12v fridge in the trunk.
I did most of the work myself, if you have been debating to do alny of my mods and you have a question, let me know!
Or, if you have suggestions I'd like to hear it!
Here are some pictures:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looks pretty good but was wondering why you would remove the rear wiper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lmaxim

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in California, it rains 2 weeks out of the year. I just end up smearing dirt all over the rear window when I accidentally turn it on.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm in California, it rains 2 weeks out of the year. I just end up smearing dirt all over the rear window when I accidentally turn it on.
Ahh I see since Friday - Sunday we had about 3.5”. Yikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
o_OHeh.. even more of a problem with the Touring, because if the rain sensor on your front winshield detects any water, and you put the vehicle in reverse.. the rear wipers are activated. Makes sense actually, but it is a bit annoying if it was just a few sprinkles or left over water from a washing.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
Hello everyone!
In October I bought my sandstorm EX. Soon after I started my customizations.
Blacked out the front and rear chrome pieces, 35% carbon ceramic tint all around, removed the rear wiper, changed the headlights and fog lights to LED, installed a tow hitch with wiring, roof rails with crossbars and added a roof basket for camping, installed 2 front ventilated seat covers, upgraded the battery to 24F for my 12v fridge in the trunk.
I did most of the work myself, if you have been debating to do alny of my mods and you have a question, let me know!
Or, if you have suggestions I'd like to hear it!
Here are some pictures:
View attachment 134277 View attachment 134279 View attachment 134280
Nice. :)

Question on the battery upgrade.... did it fit the existing battery rack, without any modifications? I know the 24F is bigger physically, but it looks like you shoe horned it into the existing space pretty well so I am curious what if any changes to the battery rack was required.

I hate these small 51Rs they put in at the factory, and in my view these newer vehicles need bigger batteries because of increasing (yet normal working condition) parasitic slow drains. Not to mention the Honda dual charging system does not top up batteries to 100% unless you are on a long drive. I'm old school and would like to know I could actually leave my CRV sit idle for 6-8 weeks and it would still crank over. Not that I leave it that long between starts... but it gives me peace of mind for when I take a loooooong vacation that does not involve the CRV, and not have to put it on a smart trickle charger just to be sure.

I would like to upgrade to a larger battery when mine finally kicks the bucket, to get some more reserve.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice. :)

Question on the battery upgrade.... did it fit the existing battery rack, without any modifications? I know the 24F is bigger physically, but it looks like you shoe horned it into the existing space pretty well so I am curious what if any changes to the battery rack was required.

I hate these small 51Rs they put in at the factory, and in my view these newer vehicles need bigger batteries because of increasing (yet normal working condition) parasitic slow drains. Not to mention the Honda dual charging system does not top up batteries to 100% unless you are on a long drive. I'm old school and would like to know I could actually leave my CRV sit idle for 6-8 weeks and it would still crank over. Not that I leave it that long between starts... but it gives me peace of mind for when I take a loooooong vacation that does not involve the CRV, and not have to put it on a smart trickle charger just to be sure.

I would like to upgrade to a larger battery when mine finally kicks the bucket, to get some more reserve.
I removed the factory tray and you'll see the 2 tie-downs have hooks on the bottom. They are turned towards the battery, I just turned them away from the battery and everything fits snug in there. I've checked it a few times since the install, and everything is nice and tight.

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I removed the factory tray and you'll see the 2 tie-downs have hooks on the bottom. They are turned towards the battery, I just turned them away from the battery and everything fits snug in there. I've checked it a few times since the install, and everything is nice and tight.
Thanks!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Who is the maker of that roof basket? I like it, wonder if it would fit on my '07 w/stock rails.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts