Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Honda CR-V and the service agent told me I have to change my
rear differential fluid now. I have 16,000 miles on it. Can you give me advice so I don't needlessly spend money? Also want to know after how many miles shall we change air filter?

·
Registered
21 Posts
How often should engine air filter be changed?
The engine air filter should be replaced between 15,000 and 30,000 miles, depending on driving conditions. If you drive on unpaved roads, it needs to be changed more often. If you don't drive a lot, an air filter should be replaced at least every 3 years, as with age it becomes brittle.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How often should engine air filter be changed?
The engine air filter should be replaced between 15,000 and 30,000 miles, depending on driving conditions. If you drive on unpaved roads, it needs to be changed more often. If you don't drive a lot, an air filter should be replaced at least every 3 years, as with age it becomes brittle.
thanks for sharing the information

·
Registered
2018 Honda CR-V EX-L Lunar Silver
137 Posts
Has your Maintenance Minder come up with these codes? If not, wait until they come up.

·
Not-a-Mechanic
2011 CR-V 4WD EX
482 Posts
Code descriptions are in the owners manual. Codes will appear on the dash. I have a 2011, took me a while to adjust, but I do the maintenance as the codes appear. It'll cycle thru oil changes at roughly 6500 miles, tire rotation comes up every code interval, oil filter every other. Various other codes will appear as needed. My plugs were 100k, coolant popped up at 110 k, like that. Items with no code include brake fluid change (3 years), valve adjustment, as needed around 100k.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
10,742 Posts
Be sure that you have the COMPLETE owners manual 600+ pages). The booklet that came in the V's glovebox is just a Quick Start Guide. (!!!)

You can download a PDF of the big manual at the Honda ownerLink,
owners.honda.com

PS: the diff fluid code comes up at around 15K miles from new, and every 30K miles after that.

Reactions: joggernot

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Code descriptions are in the owners manual. Codes will appear on the dash. I have a 2011, took me a while to adjust, but I do the maintenance as the codes appear. It'll cycle thru oil changes at roughly 6500 miles, tire rotation comes up every code interval, oil filter every other. Various other codes will appear as needed. My plugs were 100k, coolant popped up at 110 k, like that. Items with no code include brake fluid change (3 years), valve adjustment, as needed around 100k.
thanks for information. As of now no indication on dashboard. just i am planning to take my vehicle for regular oil change & tire rotation. while taking appointment the service rep told me that they recommend me to go for air filter change & differential fluid change. so that's why i was asking is it okay to go for air filter & differential fluid change this time or not?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Be sure that you have the COMPLETE owners manual 600+ pages). The booklet that came in the V's glovebox is just a Quick Start Guide. (!!!)

You can download a PDF of the big manual at the Honda ownerLink,
owners.honda.com

PS: the diff fluid code comes up at around 15K miles from new, and every 30K miles after that.
thanks for sharing the link to download manual

1 - 12 of 12 Posts