Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving 2018 CRV in local roads at roughly 20 miles an hour. It was sunny day. I tried applying the brakes. It wouldn't engage. I saw message flashing "brake system failure", "road departure system problem" and "Collision system problem". Luckily there was nothing near by and it came to a halt by itself. I powered off and started back again. The message disappeared and no issues. I took it to a dealer and he charged be $120 and said cant find anything wrong and said there were a few codes but nothing pointing to it and he reset it and it is asking me tom come back if it happens again. I called Honda and they are saying if dealer can recreate the problem they cant do much. I asked them for help saying it is a safety issue. They just gave me a case number and said to call back if it happened again. I am scared of driving it. Not sure what else I can do

·
Registered
86 Posts
Google Service Bulletin 18-006. Fixed the issue I had with the brake system fault light coming on and going away as soon as I came to a complete stop. If your brake pedal sinks to the floor when you try to stop then this is a whole different problem. They should let you know what codes were found before resetting them.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
warranty must be outdated no mention of Miles but hte age of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts