Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed the cabin air filter. Easiest task I did all day!?
Wasn't expecting to see quite a difference between the two.
Vehicle has 23xxxkms.

PSA. take 5 mins and check your own filter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
View attachment 137761 Just changed the cabin air filter. Easiest task I did all day!?
Wasn't expecting to see quite a difference between the two.
Vehicle has 23xxxkms.

PSA. take 5 mins and check your own filter.
Umm...your original one was a carbon filter(naturally dark in color) and your new one is not. A basic white element filter would be a downgrade.

Im surprised the oem replacement is non-charcoal when it came with a charcoal one from the factory.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,472 Posts
Umm...your original one was a carbon filter(naturally dark in color) and your new one is not. A basic white element filter would be a downgrade.

Im surprised the oem replacement is non-charcoal when it came with a charcoal one from the factory.
Pretty sure they are both white just left one is filthy (not charcoal)in the picture lol

·
Registered
545 Posts

Original on my 2018 Touring was NOT a carbon filter.
I tore it apart to check because it was so dark like his.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 Honda CRV EX
54 Posts
Pretty sure they are both white just left one is filthy (not charcoal)in the picture lol
Correct! One is the dirty one , the other is new. The difference is what you see. Carbon brakes (for aircraft), don't know of any carbon filters for air cabin on a CRV.....

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,472 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts