Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I was driving with my family on a Saturday afternoon then all of a certain we heard a loud sound like someone fired a gun at us. We looked around to check on everyone is OK and see what had happened or we ran over something, until we opened the sunroof then saw the glass just shattered. Our daughter automatically on the phone texting and said that "Dad, spontaneous sunroof explosion". I then asked her to Google the problem and she came up with this forum and it is a known issue with newer cars as sunroofs are made thinner and larger. I then brought the car to a local Honda dealership for them to check out and showed them the forum and multiple news organizations reported the issue, the NHTSA known about it and even a class action law suit against Honda about exploding sunroof demanding for a recall.
After a day at the dealership, I received a phone call saying that it is NOT a warranty problem despite my car is 2018 CRV-EX has only 11,818 miles on it. After report the issue, I had to contact my insurance company to have it taken care of because Honda refused to honor the issue. I think Honda just lost a customer for life.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Honda did NOT make the sunroof, they mere installed it.

I would try to appeal to a district manager - BE NICE!

Honda often takes care of customers at a 'higher' level IF you are nice and persistent...

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.