Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are several post dealing with led lighting but my question is a little different. I have the LX which does not have led headlights. I just want a brighter bulb on "low beam", and does not have to be LED. Can you buy brighter halogen bulbs and not have to switch out housings? Just trying to keep simple and need brighter light and for light to extend farther on low beam.

Thanks
Matt

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,579 Posts
If you go with a brighter halogen bulb be aware that their life span are greatly reduced. Example, the Sylvania Silver Star Ultra has a 145 hr life time. The brighter/whiter the halogen the shorter the life.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies...one other question guys can the headlights be adjusted? It seems to me the low beam does not extend out far enough in front of car. Can the beam be adjusted up?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Thanks for your replies...one other question guys can the headlights be adjusted? It seems to me the low beam does not extend out far enough in front of car. Can the beam be adjusted up?

Thanks,
Matt
It can be checked and adjusted by a shop with the equipment to do so. If you live in a state with regular vehicle safety inspections, they have the equipment, as should most dealers.

·
Registered
3,055 Posts
Here's the headlight adjusters (up/down only). I'm guessing it's the same as the LX.

Auto part Vehicle Car Windshield Engine

Tire Automotive exterior Automotive tire Auto part Vehicle door

1 - 6 of 6 Posts