Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:
this is my 2nd Honda CRV; prior was a 2009, which is still on the road with daughter using it. We just bought this 2018 CRV and noticed when we get out of the car the inside of the door frame near the rubber edging collects slush, or mud, etc. Living in MN this is concerning. When I asked the dealer they of course, "I've never heard this before", BUT they did say they saw it when i took the vehicle in for service. I have a co worker who has same issue.

I ask dealer: a) is there something we need to look at? b) or how do we manage this so I don't have doors rusting in 5-10 yrs...

Does anyone else have this issue.

Thanks KB

·
Registered
60 Posts
All:
this is my 2nd Honda CRV; prior was a 2009, which is still on the road with daughter using it. We just bought this 2018 CRV and noticed when we get out of the car the inside of the door frame near the rubber edging collects slush, or mud, etc. Living in MN this is concerning. When I asked the dealer they of course, "I've never heard this before", BUT they did say they saw it when i took the vehicle in for service. I have a co worker who has same issue.

I ask dealer: a) is there something we need to look at? b) or how do we manage this so I don't have doors rusting in 5-10 yrs...

Does anyone else have this issue.

Thanks KB
Not me. I have been driving on snowy roads.

·
Registered
841 Posts
We've had some serious snow (3' easy) and it's been COLD.

The rear passenger door is frozen closed - it will open a bit but the lower weatherstripping is frozen and slightly split (due to opening the door).

I believe I'll make sure the paint is waxed and the weatherstripping has silicone on it prior to next winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts