Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<span lang="EN-US"></span>

<span lang="EN-US">Honda has revealed the 2018 Fit, sporting a new face and added safety equipment.

Besides the new look, the 2018 Honda Fit now packs Honda Sensing safety technology along with a new Sport trim.

Now available on LX, Sport and standard on EX trims and above, Honda Sensing is a suite of safety features that will help the driver avoid collisions. It includes lane keeping assist, road departure mitigation, adaptive cruise control, lane departure warning and road departure warning. Honda says that the Fit is the most affordable car in America to offer such a comprehensive suite of safety equipment.</span>

<span lang="EN-US">Read more about the 2018 Honda at AutoGuide.com.</span>

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Oddly that "face lift" looks just like our 2015 Fit with a slightly different bumper on it. Its just the mid-model "refresh" that Honda does. I do like they put the safety stuff on it now, just like my CR-V Touring. My wife will want to trade her "old" 2015 EX-L now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We owned a 2009 Fit EX Navi. Amazing space utilization inside vs. the size outside. Other than that, a miserable car in many ways. The air con was worthless. A riding lawn mower had more torque. The ride was so brittle you could run over a coin and know if it was heads or tails. On windy days, it was like my old 1966 VW Bug getting blown all over the road. Stupid, non height adjustable driver's seat. Automatic trans constantly shifting up or down on the slightest grade to make use of the 10 ft-lb of available torque.

Never been so glad to trade a car off. It was so good on paper I had sold myself on it before the test drive, and only drove it a short distance before signing. Stupid.

I test drove the current Fit. Much better. Can't speak to the A/C, but the ride is tolerable, the thing feels like it has some semblance of power now. The auto mags will gripe that the sharpness of the prior Fit is gone, but let me tell you, a lot of bad is gone, too. The new gen Fit is a far better car 9/10 of the time. I wouldn't recommend the old one to someone I hated, but the new one, I'd totally own.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
We owned a 2009 Fit EX Navi. Amazing space utilization inside vs. the size outside. Other than that, a miserable car in many ways. The air con was worthless. A riding lawn mower had more torque. The ride was so brittle you could run over a coin and know if it was heads or tails. On windy days, it was like my old 1966 VW Bug getting blown all over the road. Stupid, non height adjustable driver's seat. Automatic trans constantly shifting up or down on the slightest grade to make use of the 10 ft-lb of available torque.

Never been so glad to trade a car off. It was so good on paper I had sold myself on it before the test drive, and only drove it a short distance before signing. Stupid.

I test drove the current Fit. Much better. Can't speak to the A/C, but the ride is tolerable, the thing feels like it has some semblance of power now. The auto mags will gripe that the sharpness of the prior Fit is gone, but let me tell you, a lot of bad is gone, too. The new gen Fit is a far better car 9/10 of the time. I wouldn't recommend the old one to someone I hated, but the new one, I'd totally own.
We had one of the first Fits sold in my hometown. Drove it for over 100,000 totally trouble free miles. Never even changed the fan belt. The original battery was six years old and still working great. My wife and I loved it. She finally agreed to give it up when the 2015 came out. (We skipped the 2nd. generation). We put our 2007 up for sale and it sold in 4 hours. You can't find a good used one it seems, no one wants to let go of it. Just about every test I have ever read on the Fit rates it as tops in its class.

Our 2015 handles like a sports car. Its plenty fast enough and very sporting with the paddle shifters and great brakes and handling. Its a sub compact so no, it does not ride as smooth and quiet as a larger car. We use ours for running around town and it excels at that. We get 35+ MPG in town and 44+ on the highway with it.

The practicality and abilities of that small car are just unbeatable and unmatched.

Oh, and the A/C on both our Fits has always worked very well in our climate (Louisville, KY). Same goes for the two other Fits in the family.

·
Registered
106 Posts
We had one of the first Fits sold in my hometown. Drove it for over 100,000 totally trouble free miles. Never even changed the fan belt. The original battery was six years old and still working great. My wife and I loved it. She finally agreed to give it up when the 2015 came out. (We skipped the 2nd. generation). We put our 2007 up for sale and it sold in 4 hours. You can't find a good used one it seems, no one wants to let go of it. Just about every test I have ever read on the Fit rates it as tops in its class.

Our 2015 handles like a sports car. Its plenty fast enough and very sporting with the paddle shifters and great brakes and handling. Its a sub compact so no, it does not ride as smooth and quiet as a larger car. We use ours for running around town and it excels at that. We get 35+ MPG in town and 44+ on the highway with it.

The practicality and abilities of that small car are just unbeatable and unmatched.

Oh, and the A/C on both our Fits has always worked very well in our climate (Louisville, KY). Same goes for the two other Fits in the family.
I agree that the 2015 is a very good car. Also agree that the practicality of the Fit in any generation is outstanding. Amazing packaging. No question that Fits are mechanically reliable.

Our 09 was miserable. I've owned plenty of compact and subcompact cars, and am familiar with the compromises involved.

Ours rode like a buckboard wagon, the engine was anemic, and I'm pretty sure the fresh air intake was routed through a heat exchanger over the exhaust like an air cooled Volkswagen.

Kansas City climate, Honda could never get our A/C to cool the car. "Operating as designed". Completely ineffective in city traffic, worst of any vehicle I've owned that was A/C equipped.

I once took a 300 round mile trip across northern Kansas and was tempted to gouge my eyes out on the return leg. Logic prevailed, and instead I traded the car shortly after returning home, on a Civic. The Fit had better steering and cargo capacity. The Civic trounced the Fit in every other area I can think of.

By the way, I enjoy reading your posts on the forum, and find myself agreeing with your take on things 95% of the time. In this one case, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the old style Fit. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts