Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New 2018 CRV LX with 1500 miles on it... When you push up on the stalk to activate "mist" wiper mode it does one sweep and turns as expected.

BUT, the speed is really weird. It starts off wiping faster than the high setting, almost stops just before reaching the end of the up-stoke, then returns to a normal speed for the rest of the cycle.

I'm a grandpa who has had a lot of cars, never saw anything like this before. First Honda. Please advise.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? Seems abnormal to me - but then again, so is pushing up on the stalk for a mist cycle. Pushing down is far easier while driving, which is probably why Honda designed it this way.

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,558 Posts
Really? Seems abnormal to me - but then again, so is pushing up on the stalk for a mist cycle. Pushing down is far easier while driving, which is probably why Honda designed it this way.

I believe it has always been "up" for Hondas. My guess would be the reason it is faster initially is it assumes you have water accumulated on the windshield and so it gives it a good hard sweep initially, since the LX has no rain sensor.

On the up trim levels CRVs (Touring) there is a rain sensor up by the mirror assembly and it drives when, how fast, and how often to perform wipers on intermittent.. so you don't really use the mist selection much. It is hilarious though if some water is falling all over the rain sensor while stopped (like waiting in line at a fast food place, and water is rolling off their roof) as the sensor will think it is a gusher and will put the wipers into overdrive. I had this happen once and it actually whipped water right into the order takers window and scared the you know what out of them. :D Now days I turn off intermittent wipers when in a line like that.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
857 Posts
Next time you go in for service ask them to take you in to another new LX and try it. It seems that might be your best bet in getting an answer you trust... And definitely report back!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts