Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post, but I couldn’t find the answer just browsing. I need to completely remove the rear seats for a project. Once I remove the bolts and tilt forward, the cable that connects to the release from the cargo area is attached. It has two connectors that I can’t for the life of me figure out. I’m sure it’s the black with grey color clip one but I can’t get it apart. Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,459 Posts
Those connect to the rear seat release.
You have trunk handles to drop the second row

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have worded it better. I know it connects to the seat release in the trunk, but how do I disconnect the cable connection to remove the seat from the vehicle?

·
Registered
196 Posts
1. Maybe there's a quick-disconnect under the seat latch...
Rear seat release latch 1a.jpg Rear seat release latch 1b.jpg

2. Maybe there's a quick-disconnect behind this access panel...
Rear seat Remote release 1a.jpg

Let us know what finally works for you.

Full disclosure:
-- I have over 50 years of amateur experience botching & butchering car projects.
-- I have not tried to remove the Gen 5 rear seat nor disconnect the remote release cable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The manual below explained how to detached the cable in great detail.

Rear Seat Removal and Installation CR-V

First post, but I couldn’t find the answer just browsing. I need to completely remove the rear seats for a project. Once I remove the bolts and tilt forward, the cable that connects to the release from the cargo area is attached. It has two connectors that I can’t for the life of me figure out. I’m sure it’s the black with grey color clip one but I can’t get it apart. Any help greatly appreciated. View attachment 137480 View attachment 137481 View attachment 137482

1 - 8 of 8 Posts