Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here. Hopefully, I am posting in the right place. I am sorry if I'm not

I have a 2018 Honda CRV-LX 2WD. On new year's day, I was backing out of a parking spot while looking at my backup camera. I didn't pay attention and smashed the passenger side mirror on a pillar. It's completely messed up.

I went home and did a quick search for Honda CRV mirror, and saw listings in AUtozone and AMason for $40-$50. I thought let's say $50 for parts + $200 for labor = $250. I called the dealer in the morning, and the dealer quoted me $600 for parts + $200 for labor.. erp! I asked another body shop and they quote $500 for parts. I called Autozone and they said that they don't carry side mirrors for the 2018 model, because it's anewer model. I looked closely at the mirror on amazon, and it doesn't have the blind spot indicator, and Amazon says it fits 2016 models. I searched more in the evening, and the cheapest that I can get is $220

I am asking for advice here.
1) How long does it usually take for aftermarket parts to be available for the newer models?
2) Will a Gen4 side mirror fit? I guess I won;t have the indicator which I have started relying upon. I have not decided whether the indicator is worth paying $150 more, but if the Gen 4 mirror won't fit, then the point is moot.
3) How easy it is to replace the mirror DIY? I am a bit handy, but I'm not a handyman. I can put up shelves, and assemble IKEA furniture. The most complicated project I have done is install a garage door opener. I found some videos online. It doesn't seem that complicated. What's the worst that can happen if my DIY attempt fails?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks buddy, but it seems like it says that it won't fit the 2018 model ALso, this is just the mirror. I need the whole assembly. Sorry, I wasn't clear earlier. I completely smashed the assembly

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring AWD
231 Posts
Pony up and pay to get it fixed the right way, the first time. You’re looking for a complete mirror assembly for $50 ����������, now that’s funny !

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Thanks buddy, but it seems like it says that it won't fit the 2018 model ALso, this is just the mirror. I need the whole assembly. Sorry, I wasn't clear earlier. I completely smashed the assembly
Here is the complete assembly for right door ($315).

https://www.hondapartsdirect.com/oem-parts/honda-mirror-assembly-r-door-76208tlaa31/?c=Zz1pbnRlcmlvci1idW1wZXImcz1taXJyb3ImaT00NDY0NDg1NSZyPWxheWVyXzEmYT1ob25kYSZvPWNyLXYtNS1kb29yJnk9MjAxOCZ0PXRvdXJpbi0yd2QtaW5kaWFuYSZlPXZhcmlhYmxl

For the left Door:

https://www.hondapartsdirect.com/oem-parts/honda-mirror-assembly-l-door-76258tlaa32/?c=Zz1pbnRlcmlvci1idW1wZXImcz1taXJyb3ImaT00NDY0NDg1NSZyPTE2JmE9aG9uZGEmbz1jci12LTUtZG9vciZ5PTIwMTgmdD10b3VyaW4tMndkLWUtbGliZXJ0eSZlPXZhcmlhYmxl

Save your self some cash and install it yourself. It it really not all that hard.

Rob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I looked at the damage closely. It seems only the housing and mirror are broken. I can buy them seperately without buying the whole assembly. I'd have to look at it closely in the light of day to see if anything else is broken.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would check with an auto wrecking yard, they should be able to find a complete one in the correct color. That's what they are there for. I'm sure some have been wrecked by now.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I would check with an auto wrecking yard, they should be able to find a complete one in the correct color. That's what they are there for. I'm sure some have been wrecked by now.

Try car-parts.com, they provide an inventory many of the salvage yards. You should be able to get a mirror assembly for about 1/2 price of a new one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's a good idea. I checked car-parts and most listings are costlier than hondacarparts.com. I'll have to drive 150 miles to get one cheaper. Not worth it. It was a good try, though. Probably, not many 2017/2018 models in salvage yards

1 - 9 of 9 Posts