Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2018 CR-V EX-L FWD Modern Steel Metallic
1,133 Posts
i just hit 2 yrs lst wk. i only have 19,000 miles on mine - yet pretty much agree. just had the headunit issue a few times the first 9 mths, but now it's gone and all has been well.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX AWD
1,461 Posts
2yrs & 5 months here 18,000 miles all problem free as well.
Driven it from Nj to NC twice , NJ To Florida and back & upstate to our lake house 5/6x.. without those trips id have like 9k total haha

sometimes i wish it had more power but on the highway is where it really shines

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
362 Posts
Two years and 48,000 miles on our 2018 Touring.
This has been the best and most problem free vehicle (none) we have ever owned.
A great and comfortable driver!

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
Congrats! ?

Sometimes I wonder if I'm in the right forum, with all the complaints and bellyaching. Zero problems here since 5/17. ?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had 30,000 km on my 2018 Touring, when a red light runner drove into us. Total loss, so I have an identical 2019 Touring, and it's perfect, so far.

·
Registered
192 Posts
2 years and 24,000 miles on mine now. Still really happy with it and how usable it is. Used daily and taken it on several vacations, hunting trips, camping, skiing, and it works in all these setups. Kind of makes me wonder why I thought i needed a mid sized 'proper' SUV in the past...

·
Registered
860 Posts
About to hit my 3 yr ann. Just tripped 43k and got my Anniversary card. I wondered if they were coded to the color of your car or just a std. pic. Seeing yours now I know. I just like the fact that these and service special offers always have my Molten Lava Pearl pictured on them.;)

·
Registered
339 Posts
17 CRV Touring almost three years 24K miles. Bunch of initial nagging warranty/recall issues upfront- battery parasitc battery drain, leaking CVT transmission, heater vibrations-recall for additional clamp, shifter button replacemtn, head unit random flashing- finally got SW update and auto headlight system failure/ACC- needed SW update too. Not the warmest vechicle for Colorado winter driving. And the white leather seats starting breaking down at 15k miels- Honda will not warranty. I guess, I am one luckly guy, I did not need the fuel system leak recall nor the manuuactures door sticker recall. LOL

With all those issues, I still like the CRV. I knew I would pay somewhat a price for being an early adopeter with a new model year design/manufactuing bugs- and they were preety excessive. But OD I think it has become more stable over the last year. My friends disagree incuidng my GF. One freind has already dumpted her 17 CRV due to gas smell in cabin.

I do have one serious issue that Honda would not address- the OD cold weather fix/recall that they would not apply in Colorado. For my and my freind, it is a serioius issue. After much deliberate consideration, I still am planning to keep it, since I finally got the lcoal Honda dealer, at my full expense, to aplly the cold weather states 'fix" with its SW updates and AC CPU control module. If that does not fix the OD or migitate it considrable, it will have to go at some point,

Based on the lack of press lately about the OD issue for the 19 models and, it seems, most of the OD compliant are from the earlier models like mine,I am hopeful it will be less or none of an issue in the future. If not, I am just out around $300 for the expereince. And I do have the same latest fix that all models get now by default (probably same as late 18/shipping 19 modles). And for not much more then the cost of the floor mats and much cheaper then the high-end protective/windows flims- so why not.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,891 Posts
About to hit my 3 yr ann. Just tripped 43k and got my Anniversary card. I wondered if they were coded to the color of your car or just a std. pic. Seeing yours now I know. I just like the fact that these and service special offers always have my Molten Lava Pearl pictured on them.;)
They actually do code them to your car color and trim level. :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
3 years and 18k on our '17 Touring. No real problems other than 2 bad batteries.

·
Registered
2018 CR-V AWD Touring
376 Posts
2 years at 17,500 miles on my 2018 AWD Touring. No problems and the car has been great. Lots of room for 3 and 4 passengers and plenty of luggage space. I believe I'm getting better than 32 mpg. This car is by far the most problem free of any new car I've purchased. First Honda car I've purchased and I'm impressed. Haven't experienced any of the heat or oil dilution problems that seem to be constantly reported here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
15 months on my 2018 AWD Touring, low mileage at 19,000 km. No mechanical problems to speak of but I don't consider it a better version than my 2014 or my 2009. If I could have the 2.4 litre engine rather than the 1.5 turbo in the Touring, I would. I find the small engine gives very poor heat for northern climates. Below 0F the it takes too long to heat the cabin, and -13F and below, forget it. It's a guaranteed cold ride unless its hours long. Also, since the heating "adjustment", my gas mileage is no better than the older models.

Personally, I also thought the older versions were better appointed. The new model is too "lumpy" looking on the outside and on the inside, I don't care for fake woodgrain trim. I liked the sleek graphite look of the previous models. The leather seats on the '18 seem thinner/cheaper. I also find the many dash menus with only one function, very annoying and potentially dangerous.

On the plus side I think the CV transmission is great; it has a better stereo; rear leg room is excellent.

After test driving all the small SUVs in 2018, my favorite was the Mazda CX5 but Honda won me over with loyalty incentives. I don't really regret it as I know the Honda will have good resale value but for my tastes, the Mazda was a better vehicle. If it wasn't for the heat issue, I'd consider buying out this lease despite the kitchiness, but I'll be returning this one, unless of course I could afford to move south.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
2 years at 17,500 miles on my 2018 AWD Touring. ... This car is by far the most problem free of any new car I've purchased. ...
I either find this statement funny, or sad (for you). I've purchased more than 10 new vehicles over the years and have had just 1 that experienced any issue within that time period. That was a GM in the '90's that had a defective transmission. After the replacement, it was fine until I traded it in at 80k miles.

I realize this thread was created to counter some of the negative posts that pop up here and there. Honda is not as bullet proof as they used to be, according to recent reliability reports. They are also not Yugo's from the 1980's. :) The odds of any vehicle having a real issue within 5 years and 60k miles is pretty slim. The fact that you can get a real Honda warranty for less than $1k that's good to 100k miles is proof of this.

·
Registered
99 Posts
3 years/15k miles on our 17 Touring. Routine maintenance and just a battery so far. We just got back from the Utah Auto Expo and neither one of us are ready to give up our Honda's yet.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I either find this statement funny, or sad (for you). I've purchased more than 10 new vehicles over the years and have had just 1 that experienced any issue within that time period. That was a GM in the '90's that had a defective transmission. After the replacement, it was fine until I traded it in at 80k miles.

I realize this thread was created to counter some of the negative posts that pop up here and there. Honda is not as bullet proof as they used to be, according to recent reliability reports. They are also not Yugo's from the 1980's. :) The odds of any vehicle having a real issue within 5 years and 60k miles is pretty slim. The fact that you can get a real Honda warranty for less than $1k that's good to 100k miles is proof of this.
I suggest you read Motor Trend magazines long term reports on their test vehicles they drive daily for a year.

Its rare they have ANY vehicle that does not have some sort of issue that needs fixed or commented on.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
15 months on my 2018 AWD Touring, low mileage at 19,000 km. No mechanical problems to speak of but I don't consider it a better version than my 2014 or my 2009. If I could have the 2.4 litre engine rather than the 1.5 turbo in the Touring, I would. I find the small engine gives very poor heat for northern climates. Below 0F the it takes too long to heat the cabin, and -13F and below, forget it. It's a guaranteed cold ride unless its hours long. Also, since the heating "adjustment", my gas mileage is no better than the older models.

Personally, I also thought the older versions were better appointed. The new model is too "lumpy" looking on the outside and on the inside, I don't care for fake woodgrain trim. I liked the sleek graphite look of the previous models. The leather seats on the '18 seem thinner/cheaper. I also find the many dash menus with only one function, very annoying and potentially dangerous.

On the plus side I think the CV transmission is great; it has a better stereo; rear leg room is excellent.

After test driving all the small SUVs in 2018, my favorite was the Mazda CX5 but Honda won me over with loyalty incentives. I don't really regret it as I know the Honda will have good resale value but for my tastes, the Mazda was a better vehicle. If it wasn't for the heat issue, I'd consider buying out this lease despite the kitchiness, but I'll be returning this one, unless of course I could afford to move south.
In every magazine test of the compact SUV the Mazda CX5 always comes in no better than third.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
In every magazine test of the compact SUV the Mazda CX5 always comes in no better than third.
Actually, it's usually 2nd. Due to the fact that it was not designed to be purely utilitarian. It was designed more for driving, with the added benefit of being a CUV.

"Look up the CX-5 here at MotorTrend and you'll see it's always a bridesmaid, never the bride, but for very specific reasons. Our consumer-focused comparisons put great emphasis on cargo and passenger space and fuel economy, and the CX-5 gives up a few cubic feet in the back and a couple of mpgs to the class-leading Honda CR-V."

In the end, it's all about what's best for "you". I use these magazines to show me what each vehicle has to offer. Everything else is just entertainment.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually, it's usually 2nd. Due to the fact that it was not designed to be purely utilitarian. It was designed more for driving, with the added benefit of being a CUV.

"Look up the CX-5 here at MotorTrend and you'll see it's always a bridesmaid, never the bride, but for very specific reasons. Our consumer-focused comparisons put great emphasis on cargo and passenger space and fuel economy, and the CX-5 gives up a few cubic feet in the back and a couple of mpgs to the class-leading Honda CR-V."

In the end, it's all about what's best for "you". I use these magazines to show me what each vehicle has to offer. Everything else is just entertainment.
We placed an order for a 2018 Touring about three weeks before Motor Trend mag came out in which they named it compact SUV of the year.

All the reasons they mentioned for picking it were the same reasons we had already picked it.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts