Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
In every magazine test of the compact SUV the Mazda CX5 always comes in no better than third.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
A fully loaded awd crv well negotiated is $31k ish
A fully loaded cx5 awd is almost $37k

albeit it has more tech and lux materials.. but you are paying for it lol
Not even factoring depreciation!

crv all day

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
We placed an order for a 2018 Touring about three weeks before Motor Trend mag came out in which they named it compact SUV of the year.

All the reasons they mentioned for picking it were the same reasons we had already picked it.
That's awesome, you fit the mold. There's a reason they sell a ton of them.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
A fully loaded awd crv well negotiated is $31k ish
A fully loaded cx5 awd is almost $37k

albeit it has more tech and lux materials.. but you are paying for it lol
Not even factoring depreciation!

crv all day
My local dealer is advertising the CX-5 Signature for $35k. Deals like that were harder to find when they were first introduced last year. There's give and take between the two. It's good to have choices.

·
Registered
4 Posts
In every magazine test of the compact SUV the Mazda CX5 always comes in no better than third.

That may be true but like I said I'm prepared to live with most of MY perceived shortcomings but not the poor heat. As someone that lives north of the 49th, owner of two previous CRVs and current owner of two other Honda products (2008 Civic and 2017 RDX) this new CRV has the poorest cabin heater I've ever experienced. It doesn't even come close to the '08 Civic. It was -22F on the weekend and driving was not pleasant. Hopefully they improve this issue in the coming year(s).

·
Registered
335 Posts
2 years at 17,500 miles on my 2018 AWD Touring. ... This car is by far the most problem free of any new car I've purchased. ...
I either find this statement funny, or sad (for you). I've purchased more than 10 new vehicles over the years and have had just 1 that experienced any issue within that time period. That was a GM in the '90's that had a defective transmission. After the replacement, it was fine until I traded it in at 80k miles.

I realize this thread was created to counter some of the negative posts that pop up here and there. Honda is not as bullet proof as they used to be, according to recent reliability reports. They are also not Yugo's from the 1980's. :) The odds of any vehicle having a real issue within 5 years and 60k miles is pretty slim. The fact that you can get a real Honda warranty for less than $1k that's good to 100k miles is proof of this.
Please explain. I wasn't trying to be funny and I'm certainly not a sad person. Unfortunately I haven't purchased many "new" cars in my lifetime (only three). But I have owned a number of used cars and typically keep my cars for 10+ years. Are the experiences people report weighed by the number of new cars they have purchased according to you?
I previously owned a 2001 VW GTi VR6 (purchased new) that had a number of issues the first two years. That car was still running with 203,000 miles when I got rid of it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Two years and 48,000 miles on our 2018 Touring.
This has been the best and most problem free vehicle (none) we have ever owned.
A great and comfortable driver!

Thank you for a positive comment about. A great car, I got a 2019 EXL Awd in September, love this car. My third crv and the best, although the others were great too, but this is the best

·
Registered
40 Posts
Over 37 months ownership here with almost 70K miles. No repair issues only recalls, regular maintenance and new tires. Oh except for the window crack in the first week of ownership that Honda replaced on warranty. The only thing I would change is slightly more get up and go when needed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
3+ years on my 2017 AWD Touring. Had the shift button replaced during an oil change based on the recommendation from my Honda service manager (it did not fail). Other than that absolutely zero issues. In the beginning I did not think I would hang on to the CRV for long since I missed owning a truck but it has grown on my. I plan to drive it for at least another four years.

·
Registered
83 Posts
20 months and 12,000 miles owning my '18 Touring. I WANT MY OUTBACK back!!!! Being on my second ND winter, I miss the good heater and I suffer from minor oil dilution issues. I do like the CR-V Touring comfort, handling and electronic safety suite features.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
20 months and 12,000 miles owning my '18 Touring. I WANT MY OUTBACK back!!!! Being on my second ND winter, I miss the good heater and I suffer from minor oil dilution issues. I do like the CR-V Touring comfort, handling and electronic safety suite features.
My neighbor just traded her Outback for a........ wait for it........ CRV.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts