Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a brand new 2018 crv two years ago.
Windshield wiper jerks when the rain is light.

Too lazy to do anything, Now two years later, it still jerks.

Anyone has the similar problem and know how to fix?

Thanks!

·
Registered
58 Posts

Thanks!
I'm too lazy to care

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Both posts are hilarious.:giggle:

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
How about new wiper refills from your local Honda dealer. Not that expensive and pretty easy to install.
The OP is too lazy to go there.... :rolleyes:

Many dealers will replace the factory rubber inserts when you buy them there, NO CHARGE.

·
Registered
749 Posts

Thanks!
I know how to fix it, but I am too lazy to tell you.

Thanks! :oops:

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
I know how to fix it, but I am too lazy to tell you.
???

I didn't mean to belittle the OP (who told us on TWO different Topics that he was LAZY). :alien:

Heck I own the T-Shirt!

Anyway, if replacing the inexpensive rubber wiper inserts doesn't do the trick, it is possible to change the angle of the blade holder so that the blades don't 'take a set' as badly.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Rotf,lmao!

·
Registered
9 Posts

Thanks!
I have the same problem with my 18 CRV. Thought it was merely the wiper blades being worn out...so I replaced them... Then a few weeks later the wiper jerking returned.... The conclusion for me is that it wasn't worn out wiper blades....there is something else happening, maybe a weak motor...or yet another design issue with this CRV generation. At least I now have a distraction to take my mind (and nose) away from the smell of gas fumes in the cabin from an OD problem that continues to be unsolved.....

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
1,776 Posts
Try using Rain X winshield washer fluid. Besides allowing water to bead up and blow off, it also acts as a lubricant between the windshield and wiper blade.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Try using Rain X winshield washer fluid. Besides allowing water to bead up and blow off, it also acts as a lubricant between the windshield and wiper blade.
Thanks for the suggestion.... I'm not a big fan of Rain-x but it may be worth a try....thanks again.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
Show us a pic of the wiper arm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sigh, the issue stared on the first day. So the wiper was new. Windshield was good. I am thinking it is Honda design or installation problem. Anyway I will try your suggestions when I am not lazy...

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Wow.......1st time I used the wipers I was amazed how smooth, quiet and fast they were. After 30 months now, wipers are still fantastic, never smell gas and have never seen oil level change.?‍♂

·
Registered
749 Posts
Sigh, the issue stared on the first day. So the wiper was new. Windshield was good. I am thinking it is Honda design or installation problem. Anyway I will try your suggestions when I am not lazy...
It could be the staff that built your CRV were lazy, and also knew you'd be the buyer, who is also lazy, by your own admission.....

Perfect fit I say.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
8,451 Posts
Sigh, the issue started on the first day. So the wiper was new.
Did you note the time interval between the date the V was made (look on the B pillar sticker) and the date you picked it up?

Cars can sit on a boat for a while, or in dealers' lots. Especially with sun beating down on it, you COULD need a 'newer' blade.

If you have two adjustable wrenches and a cloth, you could adjust the angle of the blade (as I've mentioned), but it depends on the shape of the wiper arm, which is why I asked for a picture. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Did you note the time interval between the date the V was made (look on the B pillar sticker) and the date you picked it up?

Cars can sit on a boat for a while, or in dealers' lots. Especially with sun beating down on it, you COULD need a 'newer' blade.

If you have two adjustable wrenches and a cloth, you could adjust the angle of the blade (as I've mentioned), but it depends on the shape of the wiper arm, which is why I asked for a picture. :rolleyes:

Thanks, I will post a picture for sure within this week when sun is out. I guess it is blade angle, bad installation. The first week i got the car, I sent it back to dealer. Because the trunk door was not installed correctly. Could not close tightly. I have to say the quality of many things, including V, are getting worse over the years...

·
2,811 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Try going with a set of Bosch Icons. Their frame is much stronger, with better spring action and better blades. It worked for me. The issue is one of poor design, with one wiper being way too long for the strength of the springs in the frame. The short one never did this on mine, only the long one did. There are also some other aftermarket brands that are much improved over OEM. Adequate spring strength to hold the wiper blade down on the glass, and keeping the rubber lubricated, or using silicone blades, will both help solve the issue. I would not change the angle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts